Come on then, what's your Bipolar creativity?

J

jharry

Been bp for my entire life. Dad was bp. Sisters too, one worse than I. Of course I didn't realize my condition until relatively recently. A psychologist friend informed me. He's known me most of my life and didn't realize til he was around me for an extended period. The worst part of this comes from knowing how many people I've hurt or offended and not being able to do anything about it. Water under the bridge, ha, ha.
I empathize with those who have suffered this affliction. It tends to make things very difficult to live in human society.
I can be very intense. I use work as a path to sanity. Stay busy, stay sane, at least partially. Finished two doctorates, two masters, a bachelor and more. Built two houses, rebuilt one. Taught college and hs, and karate. Published two novels. Love to learn, especially new hopeful stuff such as the electric universe theory, herbal studies, natural medicine.
I guess my happiness was achieved through work, a bi-product of directed effort. Can anyone relate to this?

D

diamondprincess

Been bp for my entire life. Dad was bp. Sisters too, one worse than I. Of course I didn't realize my condition until relatively recently. A psychologist friend informed me. He's known me most of my life and didn't realize til he was around me for an extended period. The worst part of this comes from knowing how many people I've hurt or offended and not being able to do anything about it. Water under the bridge, ha, ha.
I empathize with those who have suffered this affliction. It tends to make things very difficult to live in human society.
I can be very intense. I use work as a path to sanity. Stay busy, stay sane, at least partially. Finished two doctorates, two masters, a bachelor and more. Built two houses, rebuilt one. Taught college and hs, and karate. Published two novels. Love to learn, especially new hopeful stuff such as the electric universe theory, herbal studies, natural medicine.
I guess my happiness was achieved through work, a bi-product of directed effort. Can anyone relate to this?
Yes, I'm sure a lot of people can relate. Working keeps you focused on something other than your pain (although depending on what you're doing it can CAUSE pain if you don't like your job like in my case haha)

MarftheMage

MarftheMage

I have Asperger's and bipolar type II, so I'm absolutely obsessed with my writing and can't stop when I get on a roll. I can't sleep because I'm constantly researching, brainstorming and taking notes.

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

I have Asperger's and bipolar type II, so I'm absolutely obsessed with my writing and can't stop when I get on a roll. I can't sleep because I'm constantly researching, brainstorming and taking notes.
Me too I have Asperger's too I've been told I have traits of bipolar but haven't been tested for bipolar yet.

MarftheMage

MarftheMage

Me too I have Asperger's too I've been told I have traits of bipolar but haven't been tested for bipolar yet.
I have traits of ADHD and I have to take ritalin because my concentration is so bad. It makes my mania so much worse, but at least it helps me write.

MarftheMage

MarftheMage

I used to take ritalin as a child I was out of control lol Man I feel let down by the system tho... so many things
After increasing my saphris, I tolerate it fairly well now (apart from the insomnia). I once came off it and tried dexamphetamine, which just about killed me -_-

Chyna Pearl

Chyna Pearl

I always liked to write in my journal--my feelings, poems, lists, anything...I have been trying to get back into my reading as well, I love Stephen King...I also have always loved taking pictures, have not used my camera in a long time...My last hobby is taking care of my cat, I love cats!!!

spoon-racoon

spoon-racoon

I'm an art student so a lot of my energy is channeled into various art projects (when I have energy at all). I also really enjoy knitting! When I'm hypomanic I'll be at it all day sometimes. maaaybe a little too much. I hope I get the gumption to do at least a little bit sometime soon :unsure:

S

Suanna

I got into kiirtan mood 16 years ago. Kiirtan is a yogic dance with singing mantra and dancing. I noticed that when ever I sang and danced it some time my mind - if it was depressed - got more positive and - if I was manic - my mind got relaxed. This way I managed day by day and eventually when I was able to do meditation also, I got over the whole disease gradually in ab 6 years.

Why it helped me, was because the dance how it was taught to me while dancing you touch with big toes by turns to the ground, and that point which touches the floor is the same point which is used in zone therapy to relax the brain or even cure brain diseases. Besides the mantra has its own vibration and meant to ideate on love.

Now I'm slightly depressed again mainly due to circumstances, lost almost my capacity to talk and living in foreign country without understanding the language etc. Still I do kiirtan, and meditation also regularly. Just missing company.

J

jsandy709

I like to write poetry and express how deep my emotions are. With my bipolar disorder, each mood is very intense never just moderate. So through words i feel i can really convey that

T

Teekscheeks

You’re so lucky to have been able to get into that, I wish I was able to go to art school or any kind of school but I’ve just never had the encouragement :(

T

Teekscheeks

How do you become an artist? Just make art or do you need some sort of degree?

W

Waldo

Much of my bipolar is depressive, however when I have my high moments the guitar comes out.

Last edited: