Come on then, what's your Bipolar creativity?

Fluffymum

Fluffymum

Well they say this is the good thing about bipolar so let's hear it; what's your best creative side?
Does anyone find they seem a bit stuck on this, maybe because they havent done any music lessons, paint classes etc, do you feel a bit 'stuck' but know the creativity is there somewhere? x

F

friars126

I always want to write when i'm high, i want to write a book of some kind and this has been a theme for years now. That's about it though apart from my baking, i can create amazing meals but wouldn't want to do it professionally, too much pressure, i get joy from taking my time, it's therapeutic too.

bulbie

bulbie

Tend to write poetry, used to play piano, sing, play xlophone, violin, all sorts. Even painted. But the motivation just isn't there anymore, not even when manic.

IMANUST

IMANUST

I have a scrapbook where I note down anything and everything, from crop-circle designs and fractual patterns. To Music Tablature and other odd-bits throughout the days. I am also know to do craft-work when the weather is nice, as Summer is coming along i'll be making some more ornaments and weaving baskets to pass the time.

W

warriorprincess

My grandpa used to pay for weekly piano lessons when I was younger. I took them for a few years, never could read music, but certainly had a talent for 'remembering' the notes to play and playing well. I could play by ear still I'm sure, tho often lack the confidence to play freely in public, and we don't have a piano these days. I also taught myself guitar when I was 15 and off school for 3 months with a mystery illness (maybe my first big depression, looking back). For a long long time now, I've always wanted to be a graphic designer. I even attracted 2 mates with that career, and I know I'd have done so well if I'd just gone to uni like a good girl. Sometimes this illness may open paths we never knew existed, but sometimes too, it fogs the path that may have been 'for the best'. I'm still not giving up, and hoping that somehow I will be able to fit my studies in when my 2 are starting school, though I'm worried now, I may not have the same 'eye', or be able to afford the same passion what with being a mum and all that. I'll give it my best shot tho. Altho in recent weeks I've been drawn towards wanting to be a lactation consultant, and I also have a dream (when I'm rich and retired - IF, I ever get rich and retire that should be) to work in marine biology. I'd better get cracking...

xxx

bulbie

bulbie

Do you think it's still possible to get into marine biology? My flatmate is 38 and has always wanted to do it, but thinks he's too late on in life, would be great to give him some hope. :)

W

warriorprincess

I like to think we can do anything we put our mind to. Maybe that's where having bipolar slightly cocks it up a little! But I don't see a better time for that really than a bit later in life. At 38 he can still do studies and focus on the parts he enjoys about it. x

bulbie

bulbie

That's true but he doesn't see the point in doing it now as he feels it's too late to do anything with the qualification once gained...

bulbie

bulbie

lol i will. We're moving to essex soon, probably some time this year, he's going to have access to some great schools.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get creative with my cooking when I'm hypomanic, and several years ago I got really motivated to lose weight with Weight Watchers (before starting Quetiapine, which loaded back the pounds), and made up recipes (that I mostly didn't write down). I also have way more energy to exercise when hypomanic, but since coming off of citalopram 15 months ago I have tended to be more depressed than hypomanic (very, very depressed). That's changing a bit now that I am also on Wellbutrin and Trazodone, but still feel quite low energy. My poetic side comes out more when I am depressed, so I guess I get creativity on both ends.

Fluffymum

Fluffymum

my work : http://enter13shikari.carbonmade.com/
theres 5 images on there even though it shows 3

need to update, done a lot more since.

Doing a college project on Bi Polar Disorder right now. I'll post um up sometime.

Did you do those pics xTK? They're really good!

I get cooking too, mainly making sugar free cakes with honey and sugar free jam works very well and tastes the same so very yum and healthier/better for mood. I have like 3 fish tanks and counting, I get quite into them and designing how I want them to be.
I used to play the piano, I cant actually play but made up a lot of tunes which were apparently quite good, I tend to play by ear too. My brother is the one who actually does everything, he's training to be a doctor as well as playing piano, hockey, etc etc etc I'm proud but wonder if without the bipolar would I be the same? Interesting one, but then he was brought up differently to me even though we lived in the same house, same parents etc.
Is there are a place to post pics of our work on here, there should be a bipolar creativity page place x

F

friars126

I've thought of an odd one, i get broody, now that's a whole new kind of creative i know ;) That's what happened in September, despite my 2 and one having autism and my partners 2, i thought what the hell! All my fears of not being able to cope went right out the window, i was mother Theresa and superwoman all rolled into 1!

Fluffymum

Fluffymum

I've thought of an odd one, i get broody, now that's a whole new kind of creative i know ;) That's what happened in September, despite my 2 and one having autism and my partners 2, i thought what the hell! All my fears of not being able to cope went right out the window, i was mother Theresa and superwoman all rolled into 1!
ooooo me too,, im so up and down with it, i think the higher mood says yeh go for it why not, but the rest says no wait....i hate to wait...for anything

calypso

calypso

Admin
Draw good pictures a lot when low but as I get better I can't do it anymore. I love to be creative when a little high, eg make things like quilts, knitting and as I go higher, paint the house in fluourescent colours. My daughter has banned me getting anywhere near the paint brushes.

The_Cigarette_Monster

The_Cigarette_Monster

LMAO @ Calypso, I always want to do that too - I painted my room green and orange once, went horribly wrong as I did it when my parents were out so couldn't move the bed out of my room, my bed still hasn't recovered (although my walls have, they're now a nice girly pinky purple :) )
When I'm a bit high I want to be a landscape gardner (forgetting of course that I could kill a cactus!). I quite like the idea of being an interior designer or one of those suggesty people for Ikea if nursing doesn't work out... I love rearranging things!
I guess I am quite arty, I'm forever painting and drawing even when I feel really down.
Haven't got much of a music head though :/

Fluffymum

Fluffymum

When i was 16 I covered all 4 walls top to bottom in cut outs from magazines, it was so cool, it was totally plastered with no gaps, people were 'amazed' lol