• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Colonoscopy anxiety. LOL

• Thread starter Alexander Ypsilantis
  • Start date
A

Alexander Ypsilantis

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Going in for my 5 year....procedure. My family has a history of colon cancer, so it's good to stay on top of it. I only wish it would go like this:

jajingna

jajingna

I had one of those, with the drug they gave, next thing I knew it was time to go home.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Going in for my 5 year....procedure. My family has a history of colon cancer, so it's good to stay on top of it. I only wish it would go like this:

I had to go with my ex when she went for both and endoscopy and colonoscapy as she had sedation to make the process easier, they found a few areas that they were a little concerned about and took a couple of biopsy's, luckily enough they were benign. Hope things go well for you buddy.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had to go with my ex whhen she went for both and endoscopy and colonoscapy as she had sedation to make the process easier, they found a few areas that they were a little concerned about and took a couple of biopsy's, luckily enough they were benign. Hope things go well for you buddy.
I've had 4 before, the hardest part is the prep. Found a few things, always benign. They give you deep sedation these days, it almost like general anesthesia (gas). No sweat, just lots of s--t. LOL

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the support.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@Alexander Ypsilantis, Yeah, I remember I was with my ex the night before, the drug they gave her to clear out her system was called moviprep, it certanly shifted the contents of hr stomach, Lol.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@jajinga, your in fine form with the one liners atm.

E

EclipticNight

I've already had 4 myself. I hate the prep sooooooo much. Usually get an endoscopy at the same time. I always joke and say go down the throat first lol.

Contramike

Contramike

I get it. I've only had 1 and the prep is the worst part by far. I don't know if I can do that again!

C

celticlass

Hello. I was just thinking the other day I had not seen you around much lately. Following my treatment in the summer I have to have endoscopic check and colonoscopy on 23rd December! Just not what I wanted for Christmas. Travel 100 miles for it but I guess I have to remain grateful. And it is being done under a general.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello. I was just thinking the other day I had not seen you around much lately. Following my treatment in the summer I have to have endoscopic check and colonoscopy on 23rd December! Just not what I wanted for Christmas. Travel 100 miles for it but I guess I have to remain grateful. And it is being done under a general.
Getting cleaned out for the Holidays as well! Both my wife and I have one scheduled for December. Hey, it's the prudent thing to do when you get older. Everyone's doing it!

C

celticlass

Getting cleaned out for the Holidays as well! Both my wife and I have one scheduled for December. Hey, it's the prudent thing to do when you get older. Everyone's doing it!
Oh I am grateful to being looked after in this way. Just ever so slightly near to Christmas but needs must. Get everything in working order for 2022! 🙂

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh I am grateful to being looked after in this way. Just ever so slightly near to Christmas but needs must. Get everything in working order for 2022! 🙂
You're a veteran now, you know it's a breeze! The hardest part is the prep, as noted in my video above.