College student doing work online?

H

haila nguyen

i am taking classes online it can be very extremely hard because your having to work on your own most of time and dealing with Professors can be nerve wrecking. how many people on here are doing classes online too? I would like to know and how is it dealing with people. I want some experiences thank you

H

Helena1

I used to study online last year but quit as I got depressed. I never had to interact with professors though, just got notes on my course work from them.
I guess it can be hard to motivate yourself to do the work if you are depressed, I couldn't hence why I quit.

antimatterTek

antimatterTek

I took a lot of my classes online when I went back to school. I actually prefer the online courses.

H

haila nguyen

yeah everyone has different experiences. I thought about on ground years ago because I thought about going to University of New Olreans because my ex bfs went there. they claim it was a great college, but i decided to choose another college to help me, i don't think that i have gotten the best experience. I wish it was more inactive but i guess it's been my second year there. can't do anything about it now

H

haila nguyen

Yeah it's important to interact with your Professors without that it would be hard to get support. even if you don't get along with your professors. still talk to them because that is their job to helping you with your degree program. Otherwise, why would you go there to begin with? it's important to stay on top or if you have problems talk to your peers as well

H

Helena1

What sort of support do you get from a professor, i have never spoken to any except a few words in tutorials when i was went to uni in real life.
i don't think it is necessity as like i said i rarely did and i did fine. i guess some courses may force you to interact more than others. if i was stuck i would read books till i understood it.

H

haila nguyen

They should help you with understanding the assignments or at least giving you instructions about what to do. if they didn't they weren't doing their job. well if you did fine girl then i would have guess that you would have stay to your classes, but i guess that all depends upon what you decide you wanted for your life. the decision is totally up to you to make

H

Helena1

They should help you with understanding the assignments or at least giving you instructions about what to do. if they didn't they weren't doing their job. well if you did fine girl then i would have guess that you would have stay to your classes, but i guess that all depends upon what you decide you wanted for your life. the decision is totally up to you to make
that is a bit rude as i already said i dropped out as due to my mental health.

H

haila nguyen

no matter what you do in your life will run into people with many objective comments, and so how you handle that is the only way you will be able to make it in life. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a point in doing it. I work my butt off to make a living, and I don't just do college online. I work an online business as well to helping me succeed in the goals that I need to and that requires discipline. that is my opinion and you can choose to take it for whatever it is. :cool:

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
I am taking an online class. I am very motivated. I really really like that I can rewatch lectures. I am in over my head when he talks about statistics but I can watch the lecture a dozen times if I need to plus he supplies a link to a series of lectures on statistics. 40 pages of lecture notes are provided. All I had to do was print them out.
Perhaps a full load is too much with all the other things you have going on?
I am afraid of on campus classes as I know I can't stay stable 2 times a week for 9 weeks, so the flexibility of the online class makes it possible for me.

H

haila nguyen

Yeah it usually is the flexibility that a lot of ppl like. it has it pros and it's cons.