• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Colleague

W

Wintergirl

I don't hear voices myself, but one of my staff does. He suffers with schizophrenia, and when he hears the voices he will have an outburst and start swearing and shouting. He seems to find me supportive, and I've built enough of a rapport with him that he now comes to me when he starts hearing voices and together we try to work out what he needs in that moment to help him.

Does anyone have any other advice on how to support him at work?

Thank you

A

Aurelius

Wintergirl I have attached a resource for you that has some guidance that will hopefully be of help. One of the difficulties of having a diagnostic label is that people can often overlook the fact that we might have other issues, like not having people who recognise our positives, not having anyone to share our successes with, feeling anxious (often kicks of symptoms or makes them worse), feeling low/depressed, having difficulties concentrating or sorting our ideas out, etc. This covers some of those aspects.

Attachments

• what-works-for-you-new.pdf
    685.4 KB · Views: 0