• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cold weather payment

D

Dollit

Has anyone else - under pensionable age - received a cold weather payment? I got one this weekend.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
How much is it? i'm hoping to be the first benefit millionairre

D

Dollit

I know certain weather conditions have to be met and apparently we met them in Bristol. Mine came as a separate payment and I'm not saying how much it was Rambo! It's more than welcome though.

Q

quality factor

Just googled 'cold weather payments', don't think up here in the hills of n.wales met the requirements. Dollit, you ought to buy us all a hot toddy!!:tea: QF.

D

Dollit

It was so cold here the harbour froze and the ferries couldn't operate! That's never happened before. I've never had one before because Bristol doesn't get that cold normally.

Q

quality factor

I wouldn't have thought so either, but the weather has gone haywire.My plants are heaving a sigh of relief and the birds haven't been for food today, interestingly enough...I gave them a veritable feast too!!

J

jamesdean

It has to be below freezing for 7 days in your town/city and you have to be on certain benefits it years since I have recieved one however they used to be £10 but have increased to £25 I understand from the interview on gmtv last week but in the sunday papers the goverment advertised that we are all going to get a one offf payment of £60 because times are so difficult in febuary if you are on certain benfits.
ies were cold enough I think you have done well Dollit I'm not sure how many towns/city, QF is right though the warm drinks are on you mines a cappachino:LOL:

F

finetime

iv just lookt at my account and yes i got one.in (huds)

paid on the 12th. i would of thought thy would of sent me a letter...but am thankfull

Last edited:
F

finetime

yes but i wouldnt of know unless i lookt at my account to day to pay some bills online....

J

jamesdean

Do you think I should call them up and ask if I qualify may be it wasnt cold enough in my city?

J

jamesdean

whot do you mean why wouldnt I i'm hardly going get angry about a cwp I take offense at that remark I hope its meant in jest finetime because thats how I'm going to accept it has such best wishes JD

R

ruby_slippers

Founding Member
No payments for incapacity benefit

I think its pathetic that you have to get jsa or whatever to get a cold weather payment! I'm on incapacity benefit and im bloody freezing, im also ill, thats why im on incap in the first place! Grr:mad: