• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

coincidences or signs?

E

Erudinam

My recent ocd worry is related to simulation theory. Some coincidences happened that trigger my ocd and I worry that the coincidences may be bad signs from Gods or the programers of the simulation. Here is some of them:

1) I was going to enter a non-related topic that is about vaccination. I remembered that in an older one, there were some exciting people who were using phrases of excitement because of the vaccination. I assumed that I may read some expressions of excitement in the newer topic too. I was right and someone had wrote a phrase. Automatically, my ocd was triggered and I got a random thought that I may see something related to simulation in the username or signature of the one who put that phrase and that it may be a bad sign. (in the past many times when a small coincidence would happen, I would get an automatic thought telling me that I may see something related to my ocd worry). I checked the username and the signature and there was no relation. A few comments below someone else had posted a link of a game that had the word "simulator" in its title. The link was put because the game had a dlc related to covid and it was kinda like a funny game. The link was put in order to make fun of people who get excited because of the vaccination.

2) I was in my bed with my eyes closed and i was thinking some things related to my ocd and some non-related. I started losing control of my thoughts. I ended up thinking a phrase that can be translated as "go to hell". Almost a second passed, and I think I heard my brother from his room, using the same phrase in order to taunt players in his online game. I worry because it is a phrase that we never use. I cant remember what I was thinking before having that thought. I think I was thinking something unrelated to my ocd but what if I was thinking something related to my ocd and i randomly got that thought, a second before my brother using it as a bad sign?Anyway, I have two other explanations. Either I heard wrongly because I did not clearly heard the words but I kinda heard the "melody" of that phrase. Maybe my brother was saying something different that sounds like the "melody" of "go to hell". Or maybe I was kinda sleeping lightly for some seconds and my brother said that phrase, waking me up. Instead of sound, I just got the phrase as a thought of mine (due to sleep). And then, maybe my brother repeated it again making it look like as if we used the same phrase.

3) I was thinking about an other coincidence a lot. a lot a lot. One time, while thinking about it, I randomly clicked a random minute of a youtube video. About 5-10 seconds after the click, there was a quote that was saying "thats not a good sign"

4) I was on my bed and was thinking about other things. I think I managed to focus on other stuff. Ocd kicked in and I started thinking about my ocd worry. I do not remember why but I randomly got a random thought that if I scroll down the youtube videos, I may see something related to my ocd. I scrolled a few videos and one video was about a graphical glitch during a weather forecast. The glitch is related to simulation and to my ocd worry.

What do you think? are these bad signs? or it is just magical thinking?

L

lifecangetbetter

Taking a break
My recent ocd worry is related to simulation theory. Some coincidences happened that trigger my ocd and I worry that the coincidences may be bad signs from Gods or the programers of the simulation. Here is some of them:

What do you think? are these bad signs? or it is just magical thinking?
OMG IVE BEEN THINKING THIS THE PAST FEW DAYS. when you have multiple coincidences its no longer a coincidence. i think the prgrammers are aliens who are watching us in our simulation to see what we'd do. i dont really understand what this has to do with OCD though?

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I’m sorry you are going thru all of this. How do these problems make you feel about your ocd? I have schizophrenia and always used to deeply think of ocd. Like it would control my life. But I knew I just had schizophrenia. It felt weird.

E

Erudinam

let me give you more details about my worry.

Almost a month ago, I started worrying that I may have witnessed a glitch in the simulation system (if in case we are in one) because it seemed to me that a man may have vanished.

I spend about 5-15 minutes trying to find out where he may have went. My OCD was triggered and I was worried. I wanted to find out an other explanation. So, I took pictures of the place in order to show the place to 2 friends and find possible ways/buildings he may have gone. They were just photos of the place and nothing more. There was not any glitch in them. I was not trying to capture any evidence.

I deleted those photos some time later without showing them, because I started worrying about a punishment from Gods or the programers. I was worrying that maybe They/they thought that i was trying to expose Them/them, even though I was not.

Some coincidences happened (i mentioned some above) and my ocd tells me that these coincidences may be bad signs from Gods or the programers about the photos.

I could tell you some of my story that indicates my OCD. I used to think bugs were robots and they’re spying on me because they were an alien race. I thought the TV was constantly filming and talk about me and to me and that these bugs in the TV room working together to create a problem for me. It turned out that it was jst a delusion. It is difficult to go through thinking I was being exposed to all of this without realizing that it were not true.

L

lifecangetbetter

Taking a break
reading all this makes me downright sad. this world and our consciousness is just sad. :sorry: