cognative impairment, any one have one? this is serious, please help,

S

sarah jane

Child of the 70s, I have personality disorder, caused by the education system as a child, ie the special school, before that a birth disability, ie brain injury, I just didn't know as a child, unfortunately the psychologist planed my life for me, because of the abuse in special school, mental and physical, you don't read the 1983 mental act for nothing, just like I new about psycho surgery, back then and I thought it was pure evil, ie frankenstein science and it still is today, and theres no research, has its been covered up by the courts and social services since 70s, I'm intelligent, just like they take my intelligence away but the authorities destroyed the lot for ten pounds, just like I saved to fund this hell, when it made me ill, as I was already ill, unfortunately I ended up in a mess about 13 years ago, just gone through institutional abuse again, ie 13 years of it, for behaviour caused by everyone else, which I was trying to sort out, ie the special school, unfortunately my family have no idea what goes on, and I wrote off with a criminal justice diagnosis, because they could see a victim they could play, unfortunately they have pushed me into everything for ten pounds, in 2001 for something I didn't take, in 1996, and for behaviour before that, what was faulty and not, how do you remember, you don't, unfortunately they have done it in past pyscho surgery for damaging property, just like I have been put on a care plan of hell and sent around in circles, now the plan is irreversible brain damage to cover up the truth, and people have died in the past, due its in the local court, ie health and welfare deputy application, plus my ex has made an application, he gets paid five grand if it goes through, ie court of protection, they could not pass it on damaging property, now they are using my family to cover it up, unfortunately I kept myself out of the system all my life to end up in it, they want my body, for warehousing, just nobody up stairs, unfortunately the body snatchers are on my case, any one, any advice welcome, just lost in the system, they deleted my post, just had to re-post

Last edited by a moderator:
mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi Sarah Jane

It sounds a really tough situation to have ended up in.

What sort of help would you like?

S

sarah jane

I agree, unfortunately since the old psychiatrist has retired it's gone down hill, he wouldn't allow this to happen. I only saw the last mental health professional about twice, that was enough to make up my mind about her. Unfortunately the psychiatrist wouldn't change her, that was five years ago. I was told then they are gathering evidence to take over my care, unfortunately they have got away with this in the past and nobody complains. I know, the latest thing that happened to me was a fractured ankle, as the body snatchers turned up and caused me to loose my balance, and I twisted my ankle.

I know mental health law as I grew up with it, it's not used in mainstream medicine, I'm in it on my own, just like I grew up on my own with my views, as nobody likes to hear about mental health and abuse.

Social sevices are trying to cover up the truth and want me in their care system as a vegetable, ie no independence, which is not what I want, I don't know where to go, I kept myself out of the mental heath system as I knew it was evil, just like my ability to learn will be out the window, and they will be spending my benefits for me as I won't know.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Do I hear you correctly? Are you saying that you want to keep out of the mental health and social services system so you can manage your own life.

How can we help you achieve this?

I should say that I know a number of people who get money through social services so they can manage their own support package. For some people, getting this money gives them a lot more control in their lives.

Have you heard about personal budgets?

S

sarah jane

yes, as I have been in their system, since 2005, with a load bullshit written, and nothing to show for it and hell to go with it. The social worker sorted out disability living allowance in 2010, to find out she hadn't sorted my benefits out according to my circumstances, so I have had to sort it all out, when they should of, I didn't want to claim disability living allowance as I didn't agree with the diagnosis, but then I had no choice in it, just like what I have gone through, I did get my driving licence back in 2012, for a year, because the old psychiatrist got it back for me, but unfortunately mappa messed it up with a department and work and pensions letter, unfortunately dealing with that the driving licence went out the window. Unfortunately they make decisions in their interest not mine.

Personal budgets is that direct payments? not sure, I did ask about direct payments, but I was never offered it, I get lower care for pip I think and no mobility. I have to fund everything myself, I have flat, but, I have been dependant on my parents because of what I have been put through. I stay at my parents occasionally now, I just want to live as independently in life as I can, unfortunately I now wish I'd gone on the sick at 16, psd breakdowns at work, due to the abuse in the special school, left me vulnerable to being in full-time work permanently, which left me out of the housing market, unfortunately I saved for something better at the cost of my mom and dad to fund this hell, I just want some peace now, not a vegetable in a care home, with support if I need it,

S

sarah jane

how can we help you acheive this,

I don't know, I might not have no choice in it, nice guidelines, pyscho surgery is not used, and it this not suggested as a treatment, the health care provider, is behind this, as I say to cover up the truth, it is still done around the country, from my reading they are in instutions the rest of life, if this is plan, I may as well have been born dead, I have struggled all my life and my life should not of turned out like this, just stamped with a national insurance for mass fraud

S

sarah jane

Can you think of any one, that can help??

S

sarah jane

unfournatly my familys views on behaviour caused all this, and its no ones fault except the drink, unfounatly no listens to me, or never asked, it was there to see, just ignored, just like I was told I wasn't learning, how would I know, that was up to them, to look into, looking back because brain injury, because the birth, then the was the abuse in special school, unfounaly I was placed in there because they where told I was distruptive which I was not, if I was disputive I would of played up and stopped the group, ie my siblings from learning, I was told I didn't want to learn since, they didn't think it was because I couldn't contrentrate, I just was never asked, unfounatly special caused all this and I ended up with behaviour problems, but then again no ones responsibility, my views are not my familys, they just think they are extreme now, I just never shared my views, unfounatly trying to do so called normal ie fit in, caused this, I just wanted better, because I was interligent, unfounatly my dad like the education sysyem only concentrated on the ones who where doing well, just like they want no responsbilty for my life, or how its turned out, and my dad has programmed my mom, so she says the same,ie, its the drinks fault, just like growing up the failings as child was down to them not me, but then again like the authorties have blamed my family for this, no one wants responsibility, just left to live in ignorance, just like I did growing up, and deal with ever shit, I get thrown at me next

S

sarah jane

I should of said the authorties new the truth from the start, they just made it up and framed me, with my life, caused by them

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well Sarah, I have no trust for mental health services also, in fact committed suicide whilst in their care.

The thing is, I think as Mischeif has said, how can we help?, perhaps thinking in terms of you being financially independent (perhaps DLA or ESA) first and foremost, sort of getting of your feet, then in terms of say receiving better mental health care.

Obviously you have had, are having a very bad time and want to express this. But saying that in order for people to help, you have to think at a more shall we say practical level.

Let’s say start with your finances, what’s your outgoings every month. Rent, food, utilities, drink etc and how are you financing them DLA or money from your parents.

S

sarah jane

Hi Mary, yes I understand they caused me to write my car off in 2005, with me in it, when I was already in state, as they where supposed to help and made me unstable.

I carnt go out with out them turning up where ever Iam.
not sure what my out goings are, just been spending it as they want there torture money back, as I said I had to sort out money owed, that they should of told me I could claim, and they back dated it, so on the money I get, living standards would be a lot lower, but remaining indepentant, if I have psycho surgery, I don't know any one that does, again no research since the 70s, ie re-abilitation irreversible brain damage, yes they would spend your money for you and abuse would continue, just clone with no brain, ie wharehousing the dead

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The thing is Sarah. I’m sure everyone on here would love to help you, and in fact probably could in many ways, to a greater or lesser extent. So if you want help, you’ve probably made a good choice coming here.

The problem is, your posts are a bit rambling, sorry to say that. It gets things off your chest, it gives you a ‘forum’, I haven’t got a problem with your posts. But it’s difficult to offer advice because I don’t think anyone is totally sure of problem.

Think finances again, if we can sort you finances, perhaps improve your benefits, or control your costs. If you have financial independence, can afford to live day, put a roof over your head, pay the bills, then at least you can shut yourself off from the world, gain independence and just live.

OK are you on DLA?, what type and how much and receiving housing benefit or in council housing?

mischief

mischief

Admin
Can you think of any one, that can help??
Yes, I shall come up with some suggestions. I'll need a bit of time to read your messages, do some thinking, do some research and then write a reply.

G

goodgollymiss

why not ask for schizophrenic meds

I have heard that some people can get meds instead of surgery. The meds just cause slower thinking for a short time. My meds slow me down but it isn't stressful

S

sarah jane

Hi Mary, I can understand my posts come across like that, as I say im ignored in my family, that's why its got to this stage, unfounatly my dad picks on the vunerable like the authorties do, and he has caused this, not just my words, unfounatly im left to deal with everything myself, and a bomb explosion, explains the calletorol damage, its left, (unfounatly my spelling is falling apart with the stress and over a decade of no sleep) my dad just wants to pass the restponsibility back over to authorties for what they have caused me, I had threats with shit in my late teens, by him, for behaviour disorders they caused in the special school, ie the authorties, ie the abuse, unfounatly its wrote into mental health law, like I said they planned my life for me, I just didn't know it, ie unfounatly I feel like im seven again.

unfounatly I had a relationship with someone last year, the first since 2004, unfounatly I was honest from the start, unfounatly he was a narsist and dishonest, just like I nearly had a breakdown because of him, it lasted almost a year, and he left me to deal with the mess he caused me, hense how he treated me, not going into it, I looked after him not the other way around and he would of spent all my money, unfounatly as in the past it has pushed my situation out of my control, hense why I mention the court of protection.

Yes I get housing benefits, and pip just over 200.00, and esa, the incicident with my ankle, I asked my mom to come, it wouldn't of happened, if she had of come, but she didn't feel well enough, like the last 17 years, they don't want to hear the truth.

In otherwords they don't want no responsibility, its the drinks fault, unfounatly I haven't got around to changing gps because hell, I have been put though, unfounaty I have not got a good gp, because he left, and I always see a different one, everytime I go, my dads is the same as mine, so he gets to slag me off to them, when hes there, he is as bad as the authorties.

I am nearly 50, im treated like I have no intelligence and I have an high iq, but I after to be psychiatrist, to diagnois, he makes it up as he goes along, just like family made it up that I have similatries to autism, not that I was an abused victim and I know mental health law, unfounatly I was never asked.

Thankyou mischief, look forward to your advice

Hi, Goodgollymiss, I still have from time time concentration problems, the meds I was taking where just to satify my parents, ie stelazine, I couldn't get the tablet form and I hated the taste of medicine, they have done my head in with that as a well, just the same if id said growing up, take a pill and go away, in other words you can only say what others want to here, the sleeping tablets I took have helped so as lorapam, diazepam, unfounatly as I know once your wrote off with a criminal justice diagnois, your ignored, and my dad moans about my medication, so they wont give what helps me

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well if you get PIP at £200 pm
ESA say £500 pm
Plus housing benefit I assume this covers the basic rent on say a small flat.

You should be able to survive unless the drink is out of control but you mentioned something people taking money off you, which I can’t quite understand?.

In fact your doing better than me because I don’t get PIP, so your £200 pm better off than me and I have a small loan but at high interest rates, so there goes £100pm in interest. Really your potentially £300 per month better of than me and you might be getting support from your parents on top.

Are you drinking heavily Sarah?, what’s your alcohol consumption like? And are people taking money of you?, say some sort of backdated overpayment you are repaying monthly. I have a companion (Rosie) who is making a sort of backdated overpayment per month in relation to DLA.

S

sarah jane

Its too complex to explain, I have to deal with everything myself, my family just ignore me at the cost of the circumstances today, my knowledge is mine, ie mental, the authorties want to cover up the truth, so do my family, as they don't want to hear the truth, I said what was going on nealy five years, before I tried to sort this mess out, to be landed with lot, know my dad is at the doctors slagging off again because of what I have been saying ie court of protection, he is trying to get me locked up to, for what he has caused me, I have been threatened with the police, if I have had a drink, because its the drinks fault, (the mentallyill are treated like shit by the police, I new that growing up) when the police and social services are behind this and he has caused it, the drink isn't the problem its my family is ignorance when it was there to see, growing up just ignored and brushed under the carpet.

I pay my parents 100.00 a month, still, my mom does my washing, and I was mainly at my parents as I couldn't manage everything with shit I have had thrown at me.

No, im not, but it gets the blame for everything, unfounatly its ignorance, just like I grew up with it.

Now im not repaying any money, I have just been spending the money they owed me.

Are people taking money off you, that was your question

When you eating you food in a reastaurant, you should be able to do this of your own free will, not to be o be told she was a social worker, ie the local authority I am under, (of course they can make an application, in my name to London office, then have it transferred to the local court, then the social workers can take your file with them) the court of protection, ie a debutyship for health and welfare, they control your finances, ie your benefits, if I had irreversible brain damage how would I know, my concern is that they could spend my money for me and I would have not know, just like they saw a victim because they caused it, ie the special school, and they stole my life for ten pounds for behaviour caused by everyone else

Last edited:
M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ok you pay your parents £100 per month for laundry and I assume you may possibly receive meals, you mention restaurant well what can I say let’s ignore that. Other than your parents for laundry and I assume a few meals no one else is taking money off you, it’s not like your servicing loans or repaying benefits that were overplayed.

So I would say that leaves you £200 better off than me, I don’t need to know other bills, rates, utilities, personal food (shopping) because they will be the same roughly as mine.

Do you have a car?, I don’t drive a car. That might be £100 a month out of the sort of excess £200 a month you have sort of free money.

And again you’ve mentioned alcohol in a number of posts, but when I specifically asked your alcohol consumption on a daily basis, your ignored the question. What is your daily consumption of alcohol? (or how much on average per day do you spend), that I assume you are spending £200 of free money on (well £100 if you have a car) well alcohol.

G

goodgollymiss

Thanks for the reply! That seems a lot more clear to me. I'm glad that there are so many helpful people here :)

mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi Sarah Jane

Do you have an advocate who works with you, and for you, on the issues that you are facing?

It appears that there are a lot of issues happening. Perhaps you could sit down with someone totally independent from the 'system' to listen in person to what has been happening to you, to look together at what you'd like to change, to work out with you what are priorities and then together work on making the things happen.

Do you think having a person around like this would help?

If you don't have anyone that you'd trust to do this with you, you could ask for an independent advocate from an independent advocacy organisation. I can get you some contacts if it would help.

The reason I think this might be helpful is that you've had a lot of very significant things happen in your life, you've got a lot of conflict going on by the sounds of things and it sounds like you'd like to take some action to regain the control to manage your own life. It's good to have someone to listen to you and then work with to achieve what you are wanting.

It also sounds as if you've got some significant legal issues that you might need help with. Do you have a lawyer you trust and is committed to working for you?

By the way have you heard of the organisation In Control? It's a national organisation which supports people around self-directed support. Self-directed support is jargon for people being in control of the support they need to live the life they choose. Their contact details can be found here. They may know someone locally who may be able to help you.

Do these things help?