• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

coffie.

B

blue spark

I know caffeeine is bad for you,i drink between 8 and 10 cups a day.A brew and a smoke is the only pleasures iv'e got at the moment,i have given up eating junk food.What am saying is,if i try to give everything up i will see it as punishing myself.I know theres gonna be setbacks,still doing my best to help myself but it's taking its toll.Tired and downright wiery thats me.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I stopped drinking coffee, but make up for it in tea. I love tea and tobacco, and I used to drink alcohol and smoke pot as well as some other illicit drugs now and again. I am very happy to say I am in recovery.

B

blue spark

I stopped drinking coffee, but make up for it in tea. I love tea and tobacco, and I used to drink alcohol and smoke pot as well as some other illicit drugs now and again. I am very happy to say I am in recovery.
Good to hear your doing well,.ii used to drink only tea but coffee has overtaken tea.I am still parcial to the old herb,but it only makes me realise how diar my life is.Gonna go back to tetley.ps please excuse my grammer.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Good to hear your doing well,.ii used to drink only tea but coffee has overtaken tea.I am still parcial to the old herb,but it only makes me realise how diar my life is.Gonna go back to tetley.ps please excuse my grammer.
Thank you for your kind words. You might not be an 'addict'; I have an addictive personality, it was never the odd one for me. It was a way of life. Tetley's great - I found coffee becoming a problem for me.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i drink a fair amount of tea & coffee & smoke a lot of tobacco.

in my favour it's additive free tobacco, with thin papers & filter, fresh coffee & earl grey tea - all of which i think is less bad. Diet has always been OK too, which i think helps as well.

& i came from a lifestyle of quite heavy drinking & drug taking in my teens & 20's, so in the grand scheme of things, i think it's all OK for the time being.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I definitely agree that if you want to be healthier, it's best done in steps.
I'm pretty sure i've seen some research (this was years ago, so don't ask me to find the source!) which says that you're more likely to be successful in improving your health if you focus on one issue at a time.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i drink a fair amount of tea & coffee & smoke a lot of tobacco.

in my favour it's additive free tobacco, with thin papers & filter, fresh coffee & earl grey tea - all of which i think is less bad..
:) Definately more uplifting I feel.

B

blue spark

Yes any improvement is a good thing.i always use filters when i make a rollie.We just gotta keep up the good work.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can't get used to them.

B

blue spark

Swan do an extra extra slim filter,there in a silver packet.I find them ok.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I do like menthol ones occasionally.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Swan do an extra extra slim filter,there in a silver packet.I find them ok.
My local pound shop does 3 boxes with 160 slim filters in each box - for a pound, which saves a bit. Wilkinsons also do boxes of silver zig zag papers that also works out a lot cheaper.

B

blue spark

To be honest,i smoke amber leaf and use liquorice papers,i like the filters i use,i only smoke about ten a day.