• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Coffee

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I don't know if this is the correct forum to post about coffee, but it is a drug in a way.

I cannot get enough. It is a bad thing. I feel like an addict! I'm not but i feel obsessed with coffee.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can understand that. It may be the caffeine. I used to be addicted to diet coke and now I am addicted to green tea.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Green tea, thank you i might get some when i go shopping. I know caffeine but better than coffee surely?

I am drinking milk blended with frozen berries. Its so nice and refreshing and easy.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
They do say green tea has health benefits. I just drink it because I like it. The smoothie sounds yum.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I can understand that. It may be the caffeine. I used to be addicted to diet coke and now I am addicted to green tea.
I was addicted to diet coke too...I would drink at least one liter/day.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I was addicted to diet coke too...I would drink at least one liter/day.
It is so addictive. My partner was worried about me and did a lot of research into it. It has been found to cause damage to bones and all sorts. You did well to come of it.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
I love coffee too but I have to be careful with it because it feeds my anxiety.

Three a day is my maximum and they tend to be in the morning. I've got a jar of decaff if I want the taste of coffee in the evening.

I'm so knocked out on antihistamine, I don't think I could wake up without coffee...

JessisMe

JessisMe

It is so addictive. My partner was worried about me and did a lot of research into it. It has been found to cause damage to bones and all sorts. You did well to come of it.
Someone I used to know did the Coke test where you put a penny in a glass of Coke for about a week I think. After the period of time passed the penny had dissolved completely: pretty scary! 😮😮😮

JessisMe

JessisMe

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post about coffee, but it is a drug in a way.

I cannot get enough. It is a bad thing. I feel like an addict! I'm not but i feel obsessed with coffee.
I used to not sleep unless I had two cups of coffee before bed.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

3 is my max too then I go to decaf or tea, I used to be able to drink cup after cup of coffee but now it just makes my heart race if I go past 3...I seriously get emotional comfort from coffee, when I drink it I feel like everything is going to be alright!
:tea:

JessisMe

JessisMe

There was a time before I got on antidepressants that I was drinking almost a pot of coffee a day. 🤭🤭🤭

MokoOno

MokoOno

I am on antidepressants and I am STILL drinking a pot a day! :) Admittedly I make a weaker "half-caf" brew but can sympathise with being addicted/obsessed to it. Dabbled in herbal teas but decaf/half-caf was my compromise in the end.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I am on antidepressants and I am STILL drinking a pot a day! :) Admittedly I make a weaker "half-caf" brew but can sympathise with being addicted/obsessed to it. Dabbled in herbal teas but decaf/half-caf was my compromise in the end.
😮😮😮