Coffee... yes COFFEE

bluenomore

bluenomore

Right, before any of you hardcore addicts out there start scoffing at the subject of coffee, let me just inform you that I am a fully paid-up, card-carrying, psychosis-experiencing, life-destroying, hopefully-recovering meth-amphetamine addict...

... but today, I would like to talk about Coffee.

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing i have to do (well apart from a cigarette and a wee), is make a coffee. I don't even feel awake until I've had about 4-5 mugs, and that is ground espresso coffee, freshly ground.

The problem is that I will keep drinking coffee up until lunch-time, at which point I'll be rattling around like crazy and feel really dodgy.

So, have I become addicted to caffeine, or could it be the two spoons of sugar in every mug?

I repeat this every single day, knowing full-well that I'll be feeling terrible by lunch-time!

Any thoughts?

A

Apotheosis

I took large amounts of drugs for a long time. Now I don't take anything. But I smoke a lot of roll ups & drink tea/coffee.

I make a coffee when I get up - & then maybe have a tea. I try & keep the coffee to 3 -4 mugs a day. I used to drink far more, & far more tea. AT one stage I was having around 20 cups of tea a day; & around 10 coffees.

I remember that I never used to drink coffee. Then around 9 years ago; it was the only thing in the cupboard; & I drank half a jar of it one evening; & buzzed. I have cut down on tea & coffee. I find drinking glasses of water helps. I also try to just have one sugar in mugs; & I use unrefined [brown] sugar; it is less bad.

It is a case of moderation in all things. Have you tried green tea?

Ideally I would like to cut right down; not smoke at all, & maybe just have 3-5 mugs of coffee a week. I do think that the odd cup of coffee is healthy. I don't feel strong enough to do that yet. When I wake up I don't eat until the afternoon. A coffee in the morning takes away the hunger - & I must smoke around 10 cigarettes after waking - over 2-3 hours. It's silly; I ought to eat when I get up, & then go for a walk or something. I often feel sick in the mornings; & it's probably the cigarettes. But I usually feel so fucked when I wake up; that sitting a chair at the compoota, with some cigarettes & a coffee is more appealing.

bluenomore

bluenomore

It is a case of moderation in all things. Have you tried green tea?
Unfortunately moderation is not something I'm very good at.
I haven't tried green tea. Maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks.

J

jamesdean

I used to drink about 25 cups of coffee a day pre break down then when in breakdown I didnt even know how to turn on a tap n boil a kettle I had to ask a cpn how to do it my head was so F****d up.

Post breakdown i drink a max of 3 /4 cups a day n I've just given up tea all together I'm into 4 years off the fags n I hardly touvh alcohol, n my nerves are better for all these decisions, n I've just got off beta blockers for good or bad after 17 years.

bluenomore

bluenomore

Well done staying cutting down on the drinks and laying off the fags. I'm gonna quit smoking as soon as I've levelled out a bit.

Good also to see you on this forum James Dean. I remember you from before.