• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Coffee and cigarettes!!

Izabelle

Izabelle

MY FAVOURITE THINGS!
Hi, my name's Isabelle. Well, no, it isn't. It's my 'secret' alias, also, I like the letter 'z', so Izabelle it is. But that's how I want people here to know me. I usually refer to myself as Izzie, but you can call my whatever you want :3 Bumface would be fine, as long as it's in jest.

I smoke way too many cigarettes, but I have as little coffee as I can bare to have, else I'd probably die of a caffeine or sugar overdose by accident.

I'm an 'artist' *pffft*. I draw women, because I can't be arsed to draw men. My idols are Luis Royo and Alphonse Mucha, because they draw beautiful but imperfect women.

I'm 20 years young, and apparently in a very good mood this evening. Although I don't have a cigarette... one moment....
Although I've already made a couple of posts, I still think I should actually introduce myself.

I've been suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness for longer than I thought. As I mentioned the first time I posted, there's always been something in my life to blame my emotions on, but now that there isn't, I see that it's more than 'just' mood swings and being a masochist and having OCDs. I will become violent for no reason, I'll break down and cry for hours because there's a pair of socks on the floor that should be in the draw, I'll want to hurt myself because I don't like the way my hair looks some days, even though I don't care so much about my appearance. I'm working on getting my doctor to understand I don't have PMT and that I'm not an attention seeker, but I've had no such luck yet.

I used to be a drug addict. Off the top of my head I can only name two drugs I wouldn't take if they'd been offered to me; Heroin and LSD. One day I decided 'I want to live my life, not just live', so I stopped. Self harm was always there, through that time, but I did it a lot more when I stopped taking drugs. There was nothing to distract me from my own mind and that was my escape. And now, although there seems to be no reason for the things I do, no apparent 'excuse', I still want to hurt myself, although I haven't done for nearly a year. So here I am, sharing what I feel to be my darkest moments with people I don't know, and somehow that's comforting.

:grouphug:

Edit: I also feel the need to add that I'm also here to help others. I've been through a lot and come out the other side, and if my bad experiance can help someone else, it would be stupid for me to keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:
G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Hi Izzie,

Hope you find the forum a place of comfort and reassurance...or, at least, entertainment. I am pleased to have a vague (to me at least) diagnosis - I like to be free from the restraints that labelling can impose on people. 'Emotional disregulation' has been hinted at. Eccentricity? Fine.

All I care about is whether or not I, and those around me, are suffering or not. The forum has been a lifeline at times....and friends I have made here have been awesome.

Writing a journal has been therapeutic and helped to confine my 'inner drama' to the ethernet where previously it had spilled over, very publicly, into my outer world.

Anyhoo....hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Izabelle

Izabelle

Hi Izzie,

Hope you find the forum a place of comfort and reassurance...or, at least, entertainment. I am pleased to have a vague (to me at least) diagnosis - I like to be free from the restraints that labelling can impose on people. 'Emotional disregulation' has been hinted at. Eccentricity? Fine.

All I care about is whether or not I, and those around me, are suffering or not. The forum has been a lifeline at times....and friends I have made here have been awesome.

Writing a journal has been therapeutic and helped to confine my 'inner drama' to the ethernet where previously it had spilled over, very publicly, into my outer world.

Anyhoo....hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Hi, thanks Grizzly!
I love the way you word things. You, in a way, paint a picture. You say a lot of things without saying much.:love:
I like to hear how this forum has helped you, and I feel I've been given a very walm welcome from you.
I hope I can gain as much from this place as you have.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Izzie,
There are some very friendly and understanding people here who can relate to what you've been through. Have a look around, and keep posting! :flowers:
ps...coffee & cigarettes really caught my attention :innocent:
welcomebadge.png

Izabelle

Izabelle

Hi Izzie,
There are some very friendly and understanding people here who can relate to what you've been through. Have a look around, and keep posting! :flowers:
ps...coffee & cigarettes really caught my attention :innocent:
welcomebadge.png
Thank you! I will do <3

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Izabelle

And :welcome: to the forum!
There is a wealth of knowledge, experience and support to be found here! :)

B

babydoll

hi Izzie,Im Lisa

[Hi Izzie, my name is Lisa though a lot of people call me babydoll!I immediately felt a connection with you regarding the cigarettes and coffee but I bet you're a lot better thn me! they are so expensive. I want to congratulate you in a strictly un-patronizing way on not hurting yourself in over a year.That is an amazing achievement and you should feel so proud of yourself.it sounds like you've gone through your fair deal of emotion:clap::clap:al pain so maybe you're due a break y'know? check out this place, talk to others, and get some help to get back on your feet confidently.Now, im going to light up!! Take care and talk soon, Lisa.

D

DELATEXT

MY FAVOURITE THINGS!
Hi, my name's Isabelle. Well, no, it isn't. It's my 'secret' alias, also, I like the letter 'z', so Izabelle it is. But that's how I want people here to know me. I usually refer to myself as Izzie, but you can call my whatever you want :3 Bumface would be fine, as long as it's in jest.

I smoke way too many cigarettes, but I have as little coffee as I can bare to have, else I'd probably die of a caffeine or sugar overdose by accident.

I'm an 'artist' *pffft*. I draw women, because I can't be arsed to draw men. My idols are Luis Royo and Alphonse Mucha, because they draw beautiful but imperfect women.

I'm 20 years young, and apparently in a very good mood this evening. Although I don't have a cigarette... one moment....
Although I've already made a couple of posts, I still think I should actually introduce myself.

I've been suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness for longer than I thought. As I mentioned the first time I posted, there's always been something in my life to blame my emotions on, but now that there isn't, I see that it's more than 'just' mood swings and being a masochist and having OCDs. I will become violent for no reason, I'll break down and cry for hours because there's a pair of socks on the floor that should be in the draw, I'll want to hurt myself because I don't like the way my hair looks some days, even though I don't care so much about my appearance. I'm working on getting my doctor to understand I don't have PMT and that I'm not an attention seeker, but I've had no such luck yet.

I used to be a drug addict. Off the top of my head I can only name two drugs I wouldn't take if they'd been offered to me; Heroin and LSD. One day I decided 'I want to live my life, not just live', so I stopped. Self harm was always there, through that time, but I did it a lot more when I stopped taking drugs. There was nothing to distract me from my own mind and that was my escape. And now, although there seems to be no reason for the things I do, no apparent 'excuse', I still want to hurt myself, although I haven't done for nearly a year. So here I am, sharing what I feel to be my darkest moments with people I don't know, and somehow that's comforting.

Edit: I also feel the need to add that I'm also here to help others. I've been through a lot and come out the other side, and if my bad experiance can help someone else, it would be stupid for me to keep my mouth shut.
:eek: you've had a horrid time, but the art works good, keep it going & develop it:eek:best of luck :grouphug:

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Izzie.Welcome to the forum.

Izabelle

Izabelle

[Hi Izzie, my name is Lisa though a lot of people call me babydoll!I immediately felt a connection with you regarding the cigarettes and coffee but I bet you're a lot better thn me! they are so expensive. I want to congratulate you in a strictly un-patronizing way on not hurting yourself in over a year.That is an amazing achievement and you should feel so proud of yourself.it sounds like you've gone through your fair deal of emotion:clap::clap:al pain so maybe you're due a break y'know? check out this place, talk to others, and get some help to get back on your feet confidently.Now, im going to light up!! Take care and talk soon, Lisa.
Hi Lisa!
I'm not sure I'm better than you with cigarettes. If I buy a pack of 20 they're all gone by not long after lunch time. I usually smoke tobacco though.
Thanks for the congrats, and I am proud of myself. I like the way you say 'emotional pain' instead of saying something about the situations themselves. I've never been good at dealing with bad situations, which is more relevant than the things I've been though. Aaaah, a break would be nice! I've been put on some meds, and although it doesn't seem like they're doing anything (yet), I feel like I'm doing something to help myself, so I think I that's going to help a lot.
Thank you again <3

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hello Izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzie,
(I put in a couple of extra 'z's since you like 'em so much)
:welcome:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 1