• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

codependency

S

sisterlocks

I am in love with a drug addict and alcoholic. We have been together for the past 5 years. He has been addicted our entire relationship. Currently, he has been clean from all substances for 90 days. I'm supportive of him and I want to believe he will stay clean. I know it is my codependency talking. I'm constantly hoping and wishing; 'maybe this time, things will work out, and we will live happily ever after.' I want to believe the fairy tale. I really do. I'm preparing myself for the other shoe to drop. Thank you.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hello sister locks i was in your situation but i was with an addict too he stopped ...............for a while then went back to it i should have twigged! he would never get rid of his needles i said throw them out (he wouldnt)
ive grown up around addicition.
1 go to Al anon it is a meeting for people who live with or have a family member with addiction and a support group for you guys
2TOUGH LOVE if everytime he relapses you say oh thats alright love and nothing changes why should he stop??? GIVE HIM BOUNDRIES. if you use again i will ............ and stick to it. he is a sick person but dont put up with too much shit from him my boyfriend strangled me off his head till i turned blue i survivied and now have a loving relationship with an non drinker who supports me in my not drinking /taking drugs. al anon is a bit weird when you first start going but they are very friendly people mostly hope you get the help you need diddy:)