CMHT and my driving license

F

Funnyday

I applied for a driving license with DVLA back at the beginning of October. After the CMHT changed the psychiatrist 3 times on me. At last I got to see a Shrink.

After asking me a few questions. She turned round and said that she has a long form to fill out. She said that in the end it is down to DVLA if my license is issued. Well thats not true! As DVLA says to ask your doctor if you can drive and if they verbally say its ok then its good to go. I'm pissed off at this as I wanted to visit someone in Hospital. Its doubtfull if I'm going to be able to do this now.

One positive was that I mentioned to my Social Worker that I had returned an ESA50 form to the DWP. She said if I'm called for interview let her know and she can go with me.

F

Funnyday

The psychiatrist also wanted to increase my medication too. So that will come into effect at the next Clozapine clinic.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Hopefully you will get to drive ur car soon pal. I fancy a cheap old beemer too.,

F

Funnyday

Hopefully you will get to drive ur car soon pal. I fancy a cheap old beemer too.,
Its torture I tell you. Every time I look out of the window I see the car sat there gleaming away. It had a new battery fitted back in September. So will hopefully be ok. Come the time that DVLA informs me if I am getting a license or not.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Its torture I tell you. Every time I look out of the window I see the car sat there gleaming away. It had a new battery fitted back in September. So will hopefully be ok. Come the time that DVLA informs me if I am getting a license or not.
I have been waiting ages for my license too. The doc wants to access me but it is impossible to book an appt. with her.

I have seen some good cars advertised but can't buy one at the minute.

F

Funnyday

I got mine for a good price. If it hadn't of been such a good deal. I wouldn't have bought it. Before getting my license back.

F

Funnyday

IS yours a 3 series saloon? Its a classic car pal
Its an E46 2005 330ci 3.0 auto coupe in Black. Its done just over 83,000 miles. Electric heated Leather seats, climate control, TV, Sat Nav, CD autochanger. 17" alloys.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Its an E46 2005 330ci 3.0 auto coupe in Black. Its done just over 83,000 miles. Electric heated Leather seats, climate control, TV, Sat Nav, CD autochanger. 17" alloys.
That sounds sweet. I am just looking at a coupe myself. These cars can rack up incredible mileages too.

Sat nav and leather is a good bonus.

F

Funnyday

I'm still waiting to hear back about my license from DVLA. It's dragging on and on. I don't know if thats a good sign or not. My psychiatrist when I met her, said that it is down to DVLA if I get a license or not. I think that she is just passing the buck. I'll wait and see.

F

Funnyday

Update. I had an appointment to see my Psychiatrist on the 20th of December about my driving license. Now today DVLA has written to me. Informing me that they are yet to receive the form from my Doctor. Its been near on three weeks since I saw them. I phoned up the CMHT and was told that they're not in today. So I spoke to my Social Worker instead. She blaimed the Christmas Holiday and that the form is long for possible reasons for DVLA not receiveing it yet.:curseyou:

I orignally applied to DVLA back in September/October!

Last edited:
F

Funnyday

At last. The CMHT has just sent me a text informing me that they have sent the form back to DVLA. Hopefully I should hear from them within the week. Fingers crossed.:)

F

Funnyday

Result! My driving license turned up in the post today!:cool:

burt tomato

burt tomato

Result! My driving license turned up in the post today!:cool:
That's great. How are you finding your car?

I have an appt. with my doc about my license, so should get my own one soon. But I don't think I will buy a car, maybe hire one. :)

F

Funnyday

That's great. How are you finding your car?

I have an appt. with my doc about my license, so should get my own one soon. But I don't think I will buy a car, maybe hire one. :)
My car is brilliant to drive. Its so smooth due to the 6 cylinder engine purring like a cat.
It had been nearly two years since I had driven any vehicle. So I've been taking it easy getting back in the throw of it.