• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cloudy blurd vison

Zentangle

Zentangle

Hello. I need some help. For about a year ive suffered a lot of stress and anxiety. And I woke up one day and my cat had four eyes lol. Everything had a shadow underneath and was blury. This morning I was upset and crying and since then my eyes have been really bad. I don't no how to explain it. I've seen ophthalmologist and my go and opticians and they all found nothing at all wrong. I do get the odd pain in my head.and sometimes get white specles flying around my eyes. Please help. I'm on a lot of medication for my borderline personality disorder c

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sometimes medication can cause blurred eyesight. I'm on citalopram and I find that's made my vision worse.
Also, as i'm sure you know, crying will cause swelling in your eyes and blood vessels and so that will also make your vision cloudy.
As you've been to the doctors/opticians etc. I do think that your eyesight problems are maybe more anxiety related.
Oh and the floating specs are called sometimes known as floaters and they're basically dead cells floating around the surface of your eyes - not nice, but not harmful either.