• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Closed space

P

patchwork-me

Apparently my anxiety has reached new levels, i just totally freaked out because as i was helping my boyfriend do the washing up he moved the kitchen bin in front of the door blocking any path out. Our kitchen is very small and i hate being in there anyway because it feels so cramped but after a while of getting more and more anxious i could feel a panic attack coming on so i had to ask him to move the bin out of the way so i could leave the room
I dont know why i couldnt do it myself but i couldnt i just stood looking at it.

Now i'm crying and shaking and feel that same useless, weak, self-pitying feeling lurking its ugly head :(

L

Lady Summer Isles

Apparently my anxiety has reached new levels, i just totally freaked out because as i was helping my boyfriend do the washing up he moved the kitchen bin in front of the door blocking any path out. Our kitchen is very small and i hate being in there anyway because it feels so cramped but after a while of getting more and more anxious i could feel a panic attack coming on so i had to ask him to move the bin out of the way so i could leave the room
I dont know why i couldnt do it myself but i couldnt i just stood looking at it.

Now i'm crying and shaking and feel that same useless, weak, self-pitying feeling lurking its ugly head :(
Know just what you mean. I can't stand being in our galley kitchen for long at all. My hubby has to do all the cooking. I can wash up about 3 plates at a time and then I have to get out of there. It's the same with any blocked exits or being on upper floors in buildings, although it does depend on the building. No ryhme or reason. I do sympathise. I just freeze when I'm really anxious. We will be moving in a few months time hopefully and although the kitchen is again quite small it is a bit bigger and an L shape. I did feel a bit better in there when we were viewing the place. Please don't feel bad.:flowers:

P

patchwork-me

Know just what you mean. I can't stand being in our galley kitchen for long at all. My hubby has to do all the cooking. I can wash up about 3 plates at a time and then I have to get out of there. It's the same with any blocked exits or being on upper floors in buildings, although it does depend on the building. No ryhme or reason. I do sympathise. I just freeze when I'm really anxious. We will be moving in a few months time hopefully and although the kitchen is again quite small it is a bit bigger and an L shape. I did feel a bit better in there when we were viewing the place. Please don't feel bad.:flowers:
Thankyou Lady, it actually made me feel better reading that to know i'm not the only one who has had the same reaction and frozen up like that. I do hope your new kitchen makes it easier for you (although its a good excuse to get hubby to do the cooking :p). I cant wait until we move! xxx