• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Clopixol

C

Consideration

Hi All,
Sarah was readmitted to the Hospital with deep psychosis.
Their intentions are to discontinue with quetiapine and replace it with Clopixol.

Has anyone got any information regarding their experiences, please?

regards
Rich

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Zuclopenthixol is part of a group of medications called antipsychotics which are used to treat mental illnesses that may cause you to hear voices, see, feel or sense things that are not there, hold mistaken beliefs, become unusually suspicious or withdrawn. Sometimes, zuclopenthixol can be used to treat conditions that cause extreme mood swings.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I haven't taken it myself but i have heard of people being moved on to it recently. I'm so sorry to hear you are both going through this right now and hope that soon everything will be peaceful again.

C

Consideration

I haven't taken it myself but i have heard of people being moved on to it recently. I'm so sorry to hear you are both going through this right now and hope that soon everything will be peaceful again.
Thanks, Tawny,
They removed Quitapine completely at 800mg and replaced it with a low dose of Clopixol 200mg.
Last year Sarah used Haloperidol to remove psychosis and suffered from Tardis of the legs and now has the same symptoms with Clopixol.
This is not the right medication as far as I'm concerned and would prefer for her to go onto Lithium.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
The doctors often said, that symptom will go away, but it never did and i had to change. Maybe they are trying medication to treat that side effect? Or maybe they cannot change her over to another right now because she is so unwell?

It must be so hard for her to not only be unwell, but be suffering with a side effect like that too.

Is she pre-diabetic? Sometimes quetiapine is removed for that reason. Has she tried aripiprazole?

I am sure the doctors are on the case but keep on theirs too.

C

Consideration

The doctors often said, that symptom will go away, but it never did and i had to change. Maybe they are trying medication to treat that side effect? Or maybe they cannot change her over to another right now because she is so unwell?

It must be so hard for her to not only be unwell, but be suffering with a side effect like that too.

Is she pre-diabetic? Sometimes quetiapine is removed for that reason. Has she tried aripiprazole?

I am sure the doctors are on the case but keep on theirs too.
Thanks for the reply Tawny.
Quetiapine simply was not working - she has suffered all her life and this was (they say) this was a mixed episode.
I worry and research and know she is in the right place BUT this is the fourth time in a year and it is starting to become difficult.
We are carers and partners but there is no consideration for the carer! you have to chase Dr's and nurses for updates;
Sort personal matters outside of Hospital
Fetch and carry for your Partner
Sit and stress about how they are
UNABLE to go in to see them due to the virus
Go to work as well as take calls from the hospital.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Bipolar Forum 0