• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Clonazepam

J

Jarles

Hi all,

Had a bit of a crappy time lately and have ended up getting Anxiety and depression due to work and other bits and bats.

Finally got round to going Docs today and he has prescribed me Clonazepam to help me sleep better and to try and relax my muscles as i get pain and from jaw clenching.

Im just a little worried i may struggle at work as im on shifts and start work around 0430 and need to drive all day.

R

Rose19602

Is clonazepam from the same drug family as Diazepam? If so driving could be tricky. If you are on shifts, can you take it an hour or so before you need to sleep and check how long it affects you for? It may invalidate your insurance so be careful...
Also, be careful not to take too often. Benzodiazapines are highly addictive. Probably best to ask for something else if you have a longer term problem which needs medication.

Can you go back to the GP after the w/end and ask for an alternative or further information on driving?
take care
x

J

Jarles

Yep it similar to Valium, I not sure if I can risk it as I really don't want my employer to know I have Anxiety, I was wondering how long after taking it would it show in your system and what it would show up as because we have random drug tests.

I did mention that I drove for a living to the Doc after he told me the side affects but he sort of said see how you feel.

R

Rose19602

Hmmm....that's not ideal is it? If you don't work you might feel more anxious. Are you anxious when you are driving at all? If not perhaps you could take it when you are nervous and check how long it stays in your system....although that could be difficult to guage couldn't it?
I think I would read through the patient advice leaflet and see what it says about driving and then explain fully how difficult this issue is for you to the GP. I think that ADs also state on the advice leaflet that driving can be affected, and to wait to drive or operate machinery until you know how they affect you.
You may have to speak to your employer.
Have you considered trying a talking therapy instead? Most anxiety responds to therapy I'm told, but it can be difficult to get through intense anxiety and panic in the meantime.
I should think all of this through and consider how the anxiety is affecting you at work and then consider your options. Time off might be something to think about if needed.
take care Jarles.
xxx

R

Richard Anderson

it's familiar to Valium

M

MarkK

My doctor prescribed me Trazedone. From what I was told, it doesn't make you extremely tired. It just helps you stay into a deep sleep when you do fall asleep. This way you feel more rested when you wake up in the mornings.

A

Animaezing

Just a word of warning: I took this stuff awhile ago then started having increasingly severe memory problems. I let this go on for about a month or two then stopped taking it. My memory problems cleared up in about two to four weeks after that.
Point is, if you start completely forgetting what you were doing a few minutes ago stop taking the stuff - don't wait as long as I did.