• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Clomipramine (Anafranil) Withdrawal

F

Fioppa

Hi all,

I've been on 150mg of Clomipramine for about 16 years for OCD and need to go off of it at least temporarily or I may find another drug this time in the SSRI family to go on. But the side effects over these years have been pretty bad and long story short, here is my situation:

I went from 150mg to 100mg for 7 days, followed by 100 to 50 for 7 days and then down to zero so far for 13 days.

I'm wondering if anyone who has gone off of this drug can comment on how long they had withdrawal symptoms for?

Right now I'm experiencing:

1. Heavy insomnia
2. Multiple cold sweats when I do sleep where I'd wake up in cold sweat, dry off and go back to sleep and then get another cold sweat
3. Random body itches as in several per every 1-3min

I know I have the option of going back on a dose of 25mg and then go back off but since I'm already 13 days in at zero, I'm wondering how much longer the above symptoms may last.

Anyone with real world knowledge/experience would be greatly appreciated!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I have never had a drug withdrawal symptom but I wanted to make sure you didn't think you were being ignored on here. 13 days seems a long time to me. Have you talked to your doc about this? Maybe when you start you new meds it will lessen.

Sorry I can't be any help.