• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

clinginess

Q

qwerty1234

Aaaaah in pain because people don't reply to me anymore and j feel like writing again out of attachment but I have to control myself

Q

qwerty1234

I am telling myself that this is exposure therapy and I will be stronger for resisting the urge.

R

Rcfisher

Are you giving them enough time to reply or are they ignoring for days?

Q

qwerty1234

Hi rcfisher, thank you so much.

For my two best college friends they are not replying at all even though it has been months since my first emails to each (sent them two each).

For one of the people I am getting worked up over they used to reply to me every day but have not replied today or yesterday. I know it sounds ridiculous to be worked up already but they sued to reply to me within hours.

For my volunteer boss it has been I think a few weeks, but j am less worried. I think he just has other things to do and it is not personal.

Thank you so much for helping me with this.

I get so worked up over it. I was like this with job recruiters too and now I am over it.

I would like continued contact with these people, it is true, but my expectations are ridiculous.

R

Rcfisher

I used to be pretty bad, medication has helped and therapy, you just have to give them time, explain to them.

Q

qwerty1234

Hi rcfisher, thank you so much for seeing me through this. Oh my gosh it has been harsh on me.

My boss and my friend who usually responds both just wrote back. I hope my college friends do too but at least I have this much.

My friend who replies to me regularly didn't sound that happy or nice or validating. I think he read my email hinting at being upset about not hearing back. I feel a little ashamed of myself for pestering him and making him feel obligated to reply but I am ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

qwerty1234

Thank you so much for writing to me and holding my hand through the process.