• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Climbing out of the black hole

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi All.

After a five week long black depression i am finally climbing back out of the black hole.

I finally got some one to listen to me ( hooray ). I took a trip back to my G.P last saturday ( they now open saturdays, can you believe it ) and explained, rather told him i want to change my medication as i had been feeling like shit for the past five weeks and he agreed to it ( paitent 1 - Psych 0 ). So i am now on a gradual withdrawl from the fluoxetine, taking 40 mg per day for two days, 20 mg one day and then taking 20 mg every alternate day untill friday when i'm back to see my G.P.

I'm off to london this saturday to see my mother. was only going for the weekend originaly but she has talked me into staying for a week which will be a nice break. :)

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
That's great news Colin,enjoy your break (y)

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Thanks Yakuza.

I hope this is now the turning point.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Well done Colin - I'm in awe of your assertiveness skills - keep it up :clap:! Do you know what they are considering as an alternative to fluox? Have a great trip.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
its lovely to hear that someone is doing well.
kp

D

Dollit

Well done Colin and enjoy the trip. You deserve some goodness.

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Nice one Colin, enjoy your break :tea:

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Thanks honeyquince.

I'm not sure what the new meds are called, i'm never any good at remembering long scientific words - they all sound like gobledegook to me :tea:

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi all.

Thanks for all the reply's.

I have managed to smile for for the first time in five long weeks, now to work on my laughter :D

J

jamesdean

Well done

The score is great i'm going 2 clinic on the 10th july n ive got some issues hope i do aswell(y)

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi Jamesdean.

Don't be afraid to speak your mind and let them know how you feel, if need be, kick their ass and show them who's boss :rules:

Hope all goes well for you :D