• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Claustophobia SH

Y

yoyogirl

The last couples of months I have been really struggling with claustophobia(small spaces and large indoor spaces) and when i am really anxious i self harm and my mood goes down but it really affects my relationship with my friends (Graham, Kat and Becca) as I can't stand being confined despite doing activities all week to keep myself busy. So what am I supposed do spend the entire day outside in the pouring rain boring, when I would rather be with my friends ad be normal in the house and in their flat. I have tried all the distraction ideas as well as using rubberband, keeping my hands busy and doing activities (i find them boring)I have tried usual ideas of watching telly with a rubberband but in the end stress of anxiety of the room gets too much. There's only so much more I can take. Often I do it without realising i am doing its only when i have looked or Graham's seen me do i realise whats happened. I have also tried going out for ten minutes, going for walk and avoiding the my house (Grahams, Kats and Becca's flat) but that just makes things worse. Help help help

Last edited by a moderator:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Have you got any advice from a professional for this?
Or tried any alternative techniques like hypnotherapy?

This isn't something i've really experienced, and so I don't feel I can give you any words of advice or wisdom.
But just wanted to send hugs anyway. :hug:

Y

yoyogirl

Well I am seeing my psych on Tuesday about it and hoping she can help me as it's literally tearing me apart

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Good luck on Tuesday, let us know how you get on x sparkly x