"Classic" Symtpoms

Funnyman_Wholigan

Funnyman_Wholigan

Taken from Anxiety and Depression: Telling Them Apart

* Feeling sad, and/or hopeless
* Lack of interest and enjoyment in activities that used to be fun and interesting
* Physical aches and pains without physical cause; lack of energy
* Difficulty concentrating, remembering, and/or making decisions
* Changes in appetite and weight
* Unwelcome changes in usual sleep pattern
* Thoughts of death and suicide

Yup. I has 'em. All of 'em. I think that, personally, the difficulty in concentrating/remembering is the worst from day-to-day.

Here's a good example of it - Yesterday my wife asked me to find a prescription her doctor had written for her. I had originally placed it someplace I would remember, but she decided it wasn't safe enough and said I should move it. So I did. As soon as she asked me to find it for her again, not even 24 hours later, I was completely lost.

I went into a complete panic -I tore apart half the house looking for the damned thing, and even blamed her for losing it, since she was the one who instructed me to find a better place for it than I had originally.

It was stuck to the fridge with a magnet. Plane as day, couldn't miss it. I must have walked past it at least a dozen times while I was frantically looking for it. My wife couldn't believe I could be that stupid, and neither could I.

I forget so many things that should be so painfully obvious and impossible to forget. I wish I knew of some trick to help me remember. Maybe I'll start recording myself, leaving reminders everywhere of things that I need to do. I'm not sure what will help, but I know I can't keep going without changing something.

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have about 3 safe places where I will put things in order to be able to find them easily but when I come to find them, no chance. I always find things when I'm not looking for them.

I think it's more common than people think. There is nothing at all to feel stupid about.

:hug1:

x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

i have bad memory too
if something has a new home i ask mum where its too maybe 20 times until it sinks in and then give it a couple weeks or less and i will have forgotton

hanging in on here in hope someone has memory advice