• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Class a drugs

T

trainwreck

now this is a serious debate, just think no theapy worked no meds worked an you lived in a constant nightmare.in fact you had nothing. an you were older lets say late fifties to 60,why carnt they give you a choise say if you dying of cancer you get morfine. so why no have say heroin to live out your remaining life whats left of it, in a total relaxed state an when the dose needs to go higher so what are meds do anyway,i say is if got to that an it was a choise i would be a smackhead sooner that be in mental pain , but only if all else was lost,what you say people.:confused::confused:

D

Dollit

You don't seem to realise that addiction brings a great deal of mental pain. It's not a case of being "in a totally relaxed state". And late 50's to early 60's potentially gives you 20 to 25 years of addiction so it's hardly a realistic option even if all else was lost. You really need to think this proposition through if you want a serious debate on it.

jdoe123

jdoe123

it depends

If it were an isolated case with the following situation ...yes take the morphine.

Stage 4 cancer:

Chemotherapy with little chance of success:

a few months to live:

Why live the last few months in agony and torture? This was my grandmother's situation with Lung Cancer.....she basically drowned....very sad......

D

Dollit

Stage 4 cancer with a few months to live? My dad would have told you that nothing touches the pain of cancer, nothing eases that everlasting pain let alone morphine which is a legalised form of heroin. Swapping a legal drug for an illegal one isn't an intelligent option and nor would it do much for pneumonia.

T

trainwreck

this is a serious debate of course it is ,your right about swapping one drug for another. but if you read what i said, was if no precibed med worked .think if you new you had no life full stop on precibed meds , but a better one on a class A drug. lets talk addiction i was on 10 lorazepam a day for years now im on 4mg imagine what that was like compare it to valium is like 70mg a day plus 225 mg effexor,it is not easy to come off heroin but its a lot easyer than comming of lorazepam , its a case of can you stay of it.it is a well puplished fact that in benzos , loz has the worst withdrawl,plenty rock stars an the like take heroin 30years or more then tell you its no good for you.its not going to happen i was makeing a point of if you had a choice.i had months of throwing myself round the bedroom sweating till i weighed 9an ahalf stone an not wanting to live.i had the hole 10 taken from me in one go by a mad shrink my g.p gave me back the 4 aday an saved my life, thats detox 6mg a day.if i had the debate choise at sixty in the same position i would have walked bare foot over brocken glass to snatch his hand off(y)

D

Dollit

I did read what you said and I replied to that quite explicitly. You are asking the question under the false supposition that Class A drugs and life dependent upon them is worthwhile. It is never worthwhile and would be infinitely worse than a life with a mental health problem that cannot be medicated effectively.

You don't seem to have much of an understanding about addiction to drugs otherwise you would have known how destructive and pointless they are.

T

trainwreck

i just said im addicted to loazepam,is that not a drug ,i was addicted to effexor, every one of our meds with a few exceptions are addictive , an give people the same painful problem,s comeing of them.so whats your point again.

Last edited:
D

Dollit

Okay - let me rephrase that. You don't seem to have much of an idea about what Class A drugs can do to you. You seem to have this idea of utopia surrounding dependency class A drugs and the reality is far from the truth. Heroin, which you mentioned, is cut with so many other substances to dilute it anyone of the other substances can kill you and those substances are just what the dealer has to hand when they do it.

You are talking of dependence on prescribed drugs which aren't cut with harmful substances and can be reduced safely and effectively with medical intervention. Even with medical intervention withdrawal from Class A drugs and alcohol can prove fatal - it's a death defying game taking them and it's a death defying game stopping them.

I don't know whether you're naive about what street drugs do or are just looking to mix it up a little but if I were you I read up a little bit more about the subject before I make any more proclamations. Debate is really only good if both sides are equally informed.

T

trainwreck

jesus this is not going to happen , now your talking street dealers . if what i say happened we are on about supervised medicated by hospital or g.p not running round shoplifting an mugging old ladies for a fix of uncut shit smack. before i stopped work my labourer was a smack head who swung from normal to not so normal. but he has times of being off the drug for months , but yes he goes back , because like he said he wants to, his choise.we dont get a choise with depression. i live in mansfield were there is a massive smackhead problem most caused by bordom an todays culture , im not talking about them nobs, im talking us, who,s is to say we stopped are meds took a small supervised amount , we felt better an later weaned are self of like normal meds an went into remission has it been tried,

D

Dollit

People are not going to get prescribed street drugs - don't you realise that the NHS cannot condone the use of a drug that is illegal and costs them huge amounts of money every year.

And if it was a good idea (which it isn't) I think someone with letters after their name would have come up with it by now.

And believe me the only difference between the addict who mugs old ladies and the one who gets the prescription is that the one with the prescription doesn't have to mug old ladies.

And yes I am talking from personal experience - 18 years clean and sober.

Q

quality factor

People are not going to get prescribed street drugs - don't you realise that the NHS cannot condone the use of a drug that is illegal and costs them huge amounts of money every year.

And if it was a good idea (which it isn't) I think someone with letters after their name would have come up with it by now.

And believe me the only difference between the addict who mugs old ladies and the one who gets the prescription is that the one with the prescription doesn't have to mug old ladies.

And yes I am talking from personal experience - 18 years clean and sober.
My mum was mugged for drug money (she's 78) 8 weeks ago, I have only one comment...cowardly b......s. He stole her pension and broke her arm and nose, she's in awful pain and can't dress or wash herself. This comment although totally right touched a raw nerve ...sorry.

D

Dollit

Don't apologise QF - I was mugged for drug money myself last year. They are cowardly bastards and unluckily for him he picked on the biggest mouth in south Bristol who was also trained as a singer and shouted like mad. He tried it on with another woman 10 minutes after me. I got a lot of support from the guys I work with and they eased my path but it shakes up older people and makes them feel insecure and afraid in their own communities.

That's the whole point I'm trying to make really - you prescribe heroin for whatever reason and those taking it will go an buy street drugs, it's horrendously addictive and all heroin addicts end up dead or in prison of one kind or another.

Q

quality factor

Hi Dollit,
I am shaking with rage at the moment because I am so upset. This youth has no idea what he has done to my mother physically or mentally. I have had to support her through all this and it has been traumatic to say the least. She faces an operation if the arm does not mend and is frightened to go and get her pension now. She lost her husband 9 months ago and did not need this.
I know I am deviating from the original post but drug taking makes me so cross especially now. If people are prescibed drugs for a medical reason then take them if they will help to alleviate the symptoms, it's the individuals choice if they want to feel better. As for Class A drugs etc don't start taking them in the first place, there are other ways of achieving escapism which are perfectly legal and healthy.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I don't really see the difference between me been prescribed heroin and me been prescribed sulpiride, illegal taking of drugs and the crime involved is seperate.

As people may know i like alcohol and at one point was seeing a dual diagnosis counciller, my gp retired and i didn't have any sulpiride so i phoned up the junction project as i knew they had a dr and asked for a prescription, when i turned up they gave me a prescription for that heroin substitute by mistake

Maybe people take heroin for the same reasons they take psychiatric drugs, i llook down on drug addicts but as one friend put it you know how drug addicts look down on us

D

Dollit

QF - have you thought of asking your local beat manager or crime reduction officer for some advice for your mum. They can make her house more secure, give her advice on how to be safer in the street and they'll be happy to do it.

Rambo - the difference between prescribed heroin and street heroin is that you don't pay for one and you pay for the other. The addiction process and where it leads is exactly the same.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Misa_ Anxiety Forum 6