• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Citalopram

S

squashedfaerie

Hello!
I'm new here, and would appreciate some advice!

I have suffered from depression for many years, however in the last year I have also started to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks when I am in any situation that is out of my control and that I fee trapped in - for example trains, cars, buses. My job also involves me working in prisons and police stations and this has really started to freak me out too. My hands are sweating just thinking about it now!
Anyway, I went to my GP and he initially recommended a homoeopathic remedy which i tried but didn't help. Then he prescribed me citalopram.
Now I was on various anti-depressants for years, and came off them approx a year ago (thinking about it now - this anxiety started a few months after I came off them..hmmm).

I don't have any objections to going back on anti-depressants - HOWEVER I've read that citalopram increases panic attacks/anxiety at the initial stages of treatment. I don't remember this from when I was on citalopram before, but then I didn't really suffer from anxiety then, and also I wasn't working so it wouldn't have mattered so much.

My job is vert stressful, and I just CANNOT risk this anxiety getting worse, even for a short time.

Ive got 6 days off at the end of Jan - if I start taking it then do you think the bad symptoms will be gone by the time I go back to work?

Can't go on like this, anxiety is just so appalling, I really feel for all you guys, I really do.

Appreciate any advice/tips/info!

Thanks for reading XXX :)

Jane

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I cant say i thought tthe anxiety got particuarly worse.. TBH I think I found I was more aware of the anxiety because a Doc in this case a P doc said Ihad anxiety.

Good luck with them I have found citalopram very good after struggling with other anti d's for a long time

S

squashedfaerie

Thanks

Thankyou, I found it encouraging that you didn't experience anxiety any worse at the start.

Have a lovely weekend.
(y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Anxiety Forum 3
S Anxiety Forum 1
M Anxiety Forum 4
M Anxiety Forum 5
L Anxiety Forum 1