• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Citalopram dose upped

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

So recently i went to see my gp because my thoughts of suicide were returning and i was doing risky things like driving at high speeds and wrecklessley just that the thoughts were coming back and the citalopram didnt seem to help anymore - so she upped my dose to 30mg i just wanna know how long will the new dose take to take effect and will the increase in dose cause side effects to come back - coz i got a headache and really wanna go to a dangerous place.

Last edited by a moderator:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey, it's nice to see you popping back in.:hug1:
I'm sorry that suicidal have come back and the reckless behaviour is not good.

When you say that the suicidal thoughts have returned, does that mean that initially the citalopram helped and they went away?

As for the increase in dose, it's pretty much the same sort of timing of when you start a med. You should notice an effect in a few weeks.

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Hey, it's nice to see you popping back in.:hug1:
I'm sorry that suicidal have come back and the reckless behaviour is not good.

When you say that the suicidal thoughts have returned, does that mean that initially the citalopram helped and they went away?

As for the increase in dose, it's pretty much the same sort of timing of when you start a med. You should notice an effect in a few weeks.
Hi somerset! :hug:

Yeah i know - belive it or not but the wreckless behaviour actully makes ne feel better - i know its bad.

Yes initialy the citalopram helped and when i thought of killing myself when it use to give me a feeling of relief and seemed appealing after i started taking citalopram i cudnt even comprehend those feelings but now i can - recently ive been tempted to wai for payday withdraw all my money anf just go on a booze and drugs bender - which isnt me coz i dont drink and ive never taken drugs x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Reckless behaviour might make you feel better, but i'm guessing it's only temporary?

I don't think you should go on a booze and drugs bender, because you could end up really doing yourself damage or getting in trouble. I understand that might not be of great concern to you, given that you're feeling suicidal.. but you might not feel suicidal forever.

Ten years down the line you might have a really happy fulfilling life and you'll look back and think "I wish I
didn't take those risks".

Did you try counselling at all? I think I can vaguely remember you saying you tried but it was rubbish, so you decided not to go ahead with it.
The reason I ask is because medication only does so much.
If there are circumstances in your life making you depressed, you can pop as many pills as you like, but until certain issues are addressed you won't feel better for long.
Is there anything in particular in your life that you think might be exasperating your suicidal feelings? x

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Reckless behaviour might make you feel better, but i'm guessing it's only temporary?

I don't think you should go on a booze and drugs bender, because you could end up really doing yourself damage or getting in trouble. I understand that might not be of great concern to you, given that you're feeling suicidal.. but you might not feel suicidal forever.

Ten years down the line you might have a really happy fulfilling life and you'll look back and think "I wish I
didn't take those risks".

Did you try counselling at all? I think I can vaguely remember you saying you tried but it was rubbish, so you decided not to go ahead with it.
The reason I ask is because medication only does so much.
If there are circumstances in your life making you depressed, you can pop as many pills as you like, but until certain issues are addressed you won't feel better for long.
Is there anything in particular in your life that you think might be exasperating your suicidal feelings? x
Yeah Only makes me feel better for a bit.

Im not
Concerned about hurting myself or getting in trouble.

There is no chance of me having happy fulfilling life. I felt this low for 14 years and nothing's changed.

Yeah I tried counceling it was rubbish she didn't understand everything she knew about mental health shed learnt from a bookso how could she know what i was going through.

A lot of things are making me feel lower than usual my life's a mess its a train wreck. I have financial problems I love someone who doesn't love me back I hate my job I get through every day by saying i can alwayd kill myself tonight I don't have to put up with it tomorrow. I lost friends because of how I act due to how I feel and
One person who understands me I want more than friendship but she says because we're both unstable it is never going to happen she needs someone who can give her support and she doesn't think I can because she thinks I need support myself. Which isn't necessarily true helping people when I felt low before is the only thing that stopped me killing myself - suicide seems a lot more appealing now x

C

cally75

Yeah Only makes me feel better for a bit.

Im not
Concerned about hurting myself or getting in trouble.

There is no chance of me having happy fulfilling life. I felt this low for 14 years and nothing's changed.

Yeah I tried counceling it was rubbish she didn't understand everything she knew about mental health shed learnt from a bookso how could she know what i was going through.

A lot of things are making me feel lower than usual my life's a mess its a train wreck. I have financial problems I love someone who doesn't love me back I hate my job I get through every day by saying i can alwayd kill myself tonight I don't have to put up with it tomorrow. I lost friends because of how I act due to how I feel and
One person who understands me I want more than friendship but she says because we're both unstable it is never going to happen she needs someone who can give her support and she doesn't think I can because she thinks I need support myself. Which isn't necessarily true helping people when I felt low before is the only thing that stopped me killing myself - suicide seems a lot more appealing now x
I'm same boat mate. All docs are same. Instead of trying something else, they just up your dose. Mine just went up to 30 but still drinking so it negates the citalopram. Don't feel it's doing any good. I pay £100 for pills from net which do help (I won't mention names on here but if u wanna pm me, feel free)
Take care meantime. Good to see u back bud

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Anxiety Forum 3
S Anxiety Forum 1
M Anxiety Forum 4
M Anxiety Forum 5
L Anxiety Forum 1