• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Citalaopram

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Hi have been on 20mg for a while now but would like to know if anyone on this drug feels totally empty, lifeless, disinterested in everything? Is it meant to to numb you and hide all feelings? Not felt quite this desperate for a while. GP says I have tried everything! Used to be on Nardil (MAOI) for many years which worked but apparently this group of drugs are archaic and dangerous and GP won't let me back on them.
Not been on the forum for a while so hope all those who remember me are doing ok
M:low:

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
OK, try a different question, do some ADs cause numbness and emptyness?
M

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
OK, try a different question, do some ADs cause numbness and emptyness?
M
Yes to all of it - depending upon certain individual variables (everyone is individual in their physiological/psychological make ups, & circumstances) - All psychiatric drugs suppress brain function/emotions & alter brain function/chemistry (some more than others). They don't correct any theorised (unproven/disproved) imbalance, & in the case of 'anti-depressants' they probably don't even work as that. Psychiatric drugs don't enhance life.

Some people feel helped by being drugged, & others don't. Problems often come in with withdrawal, as there is (usually) all the unresolved underlying issues, plus drug withdrawal effects, which can often be very severe (depending usually on how lucky/unlucky someone is).

Last edited:
M

Marchhare

Founding Member
think I will come off them

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
which Ad's have you been on? you might have to ask to see a pdoc to be prescribed the MOAI if you want to take that again. do you see a pdoc?

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Many thanks I just feel so alone with it all which is probably my own fault :(
Don't see pdoc anymore, rather dumped out of the system without a lot of support but people worse off than me
M