• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cipralex

M

mcd980

has anyone been on cipralex and what side effects did they get.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi mcd980 and :welcome:

I am on cipralex and although I am not usually a fan of meds this one I have to say has certainly helped me with my anxiety. I feel fortunate to be on it in one way as I was told by my GP that it is very expensive so they don't prescribe it very often.

Of course the tablet did not work on its own, I had to put in alot of work to reduce my levels of anxiety but the tablet helps none the less.

M

mcd980

the doctor put me on 20mg straight away i was drowsy for a week and a half but now they are working good and i feel quite ok.

S

*Sapphire*

Good, I had the opposite, it effected my sleep so that I couldn't sleep so well!

But on the whole I feel more relaxed but not in a benzodiazepine relaxed kind of way, more natural and less addictive!

M

mcd980

sleep

yeah my sleep pattern was disturbed i'd wake up 3 or 4 times a night and it'd take me a while to go back to sleep.my appetite was affected as well,

S

*Sapphire*

Yes now you mention it I recall that too.

But at least I am not falling over from my dizzy spells in the height of my anxiety. Most of the side effects stopped after a while (or I got used to them!).

M

mcd980

effexor

I was on effexor before these but they didn't seem to work but these cipralex are powerful with 20 mg as the maximum dose and my effexor dose was like 70 mg.

S

*Sapphire*

I was on effexor over ten years ago. They did not help in the slightest, and coming off them wasn't pleasant.

Are you taking them for anxiety and depression? Have you had any other help?

M

mcd980

propranalol

I take it for anxiety but sometimes I wonder why but I am on a high dose and it'd take a few weeks to come off them

M

mcd980

effexor

I see a mental health social worker weekly who helps.I am depressed but I'm picking up a bit now

S

*Sapphire*

That's good to hear. I hope you see some further improvements to your well being. Just take things one day at a time, and remember that a step backwards does not mean a full on relapse. It is in those steps backwards that I have learned the most useful lessons.

Posting here has helped me too. I hope you find the same. :)