• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cider or cigs?

C

cally75

Ok. So I've got £5 left. Do I buy cider or cigs? Can't afford both!

Jimny

Jimny

Hi Cally, I'd have to say neither. Ok, put the cider down ��.

C

cally75

Hi Cally, I'd have to say neither. Ok, put the cider down ��.
Oh mate. I'm sick of this "ppi insurance" constant emails & calls! Winding me up now. I just said "do you speak English? I NEVER had ppi/loan/credit card! Why they still bothering me saying I can claim £4000? Sorry mate I'm gonna get angry with them soon. Driving me to drink honestly!!

Jimny

Jimny

Yep they are a pain, I know they don't realise what they are doing and think they are doing you a favour, I started to ask them what their % cut would be and they started to call less. The % they want is ridiculous as you would imagine.

C

cally75

Yep they are a pain, I know they don't realise what they are doing and think they are doing you a favour, I started to ask them what their % cut would be and they started to call less. The % they want is ridiculous as you would imagine.
I had one from Uzbekistan. Claiming he was "lawyer" & I'm only surviving relative of someone killed in road accident & I'm entitled to $100,000. No lengths they go to. Asked me for $500 to release my money. In no other words I said "f***off" & said I'm calling police. Not heard since. Money grabbing b***Ards. And sick as well. I called my parents & it upset them

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Double glazing and window firms used to always call at one time. Don't seem to do it as much now. I used to let them go through their patter, then say I don't need new windows and never will. When they ask why, I tell them I live in an underground bunker haha. Sometimes they take the huff, but usually they laugh and say that's a good one :)

T

TheRedStar

I'm really torn on the subject of cold callers... on one hand I see it as harassment at best, and at worst you get some sales people who will try to actively exploit members of the public. However, at the same time, while I completely understand why some people are unpleasant to such workers (I admit that sometimes I can be very curt myself), it's also now etched in my mind how a lot of people don't have much choice in the work they do and take, and that 'ethical concerns' aren't a good enough excuse for voluntarily leaving a job in the eyes of the DWP if you don't have something else to go to and need to claim benefits in the meantime.

For me, it just goes to show how it's bollocks that all work is useful/worthwhile/fulfilling/a road to nirvana. Personally - and this applied when I was still a 'hardworkingtaxpayer' - I'd rather these jobs were fu*king banned altogether... a little extra on the welfare bill to pay for the resultant unemployed would, to my mind, be a small price to pay for no longer having to dread answering any phone call with a withheld or unfamiliar number.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I usually hang up the phone.

Yeah I also recognize how dystopian it is that we have these jobs around. At the end of the day, the people in these jobs will be proud, they will be thinking they are doing a good job.

I mean lets face it, they are so many people who I would call jobsworths, they just stick to the rules, and do as they are told. You don't really have much of a choice in all fairness.

There is a culture of bullying in the workplace, and failing that people are so stressed because they need the money.

The safety net of welfare is laughable and JSA is a torture to be avoided. Plus it hardly covers the mammoth bills of the average consumer.

C

cally75

I usually hang up the phone.

Yeah I also recognize how dystopian it is that we have these jobs around. At the end of the day, the people in these jobs will be proud, they will be thinking they are doing a good job.

I mean lets face it, they are so many people who I would call jobsworths, they just stick to the rules, and do as they are told. You don't really have much of a choice in all fairness.

There is a culture of bullying in the workplace, and failing that people are so stressed because they need the money.

The safety net of welfare is laughable and JSA is a torture to be avoided. Plus it hardly covers the mammoth bills of the average consumer.
I get by on esa £110 per week mate. I know it's not much, but enough to pay the electric & my food. Not much left over though. I couldn't afford a night out or new clothes etc. It's a bit of a joke. Like they're saying "you have disability so you need less to live on!" I'm still a person & gotta eat & buy clothes sometimes. Yeah I drink & it's money I could spend better but I'm working on that

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I get by on esa £110 per week mate. I know it's not much, but enough to pay the electric & my food. Not much left over though. I couldn't afford a night out or new clothes etc. It's a bit of a joke. Like they're saying "you have disability so you need less to live on!" I'm still a person & gotta eat & buy clothes sometimes. Yeah I drink & it's money I could spend better but I'm working on that
I think those people should mind their own business.

C

cally75

I think those people should mind their own business.
Sadly, that's the world! If u don't work, everyone says you're scum & they're paying to keep u on sick etc. I'd swap places with them in a heartbeat. See how they feel on the dole. I don't choose to be sick

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Sadly, that's the world! If u don't work, everyone says you're scum & they're paying to keep u on sick etc. I'd swap places with them in a heartbeat. See how they feel on the dole. I don't choose to be sick
yeah its fine me saying that - but its not the reality.