• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Chronic OCD sufferer looking for friends

P

Pip72

Hi there. I’ve had an awful 12 months after relapsing into OCD. I was diagnosed in 1995 with the cruelest and most distressing theme. I’m lonely, isolated and desperately in need of connection with people who know a little about the reality of OCD. Say hi - I don’t bite!

P

Pip72

@Pip72 how are you feeling now?
I’m utterly immobilised by intrusive thoughts again and have had the worst experiences accessing treatment. No one even pretends to care from GP, community mental health team etc I feel despair from the second I wake up.

P

Pip72

I react very badly to a lot of drugs prescribed for OCD. I had a terrible time on Sertraline last year and said I’d never taken an SSRI again. I’ve changed my mind now as I simply can’t cope with the intensity and frequency of these horrible thoughts combined with physical anxiety. Getting an appointment to discuss medication though ... no one cares!

J

jay01

I just started sertraline recently for ocd, so far no problems. Keep me posted on your appointment, good luck <3