• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Chronic Depression & Anxiety now leading to physical problems!

O

odine

Alright So I'm gonna give every little detail possible that I can here. So here we go...... When I was about 21 I started having lots of lower back pain (worked in office setting) and instead of doing things right I self medicated with opiates ... At that point I knew things had to change so I got on suboxone and was good for many years, then started having back problems again so I switched to methadone maint for many years, and now the last 1.5 year ive been back on suboxone....

Now when i was about 24-26 years of age is when my mental health started to go down the drain and i began experiencing depression and anxiety..... I went on about my life like nothing was wrong until about 6 years ago I started getting treatment!! Back in march I had suicidal thoughts and switched to Cymbalta 60mg and that AT LEAST got the suicidal thoughts to go away, but for the most part (and I have been on them all) anti depressants have no effect on me at all. Ive even tried addon medications like abilify to no avail..... At one point I was even on vraylar thinking of possibly a bi polar 2 diagnoses cuz I never noticed any mania so its a possibility...

Anyways Since march Ive started having PHYSICAL PROBLEMS (a couple different doctors and psychiatrists mentioned physical symptoms are caused by my mental health but im not 100% sold on that, also so you know i went through lots and lots of blood work and they couldnt find anything wrong) like non stop diarhhea to the point where i weighed 135 in march and now I only weigh about 110 (colonoscopy being done sept 1st), sometimes very frequent urination, severe insomnia, weak/exhausted. Now I was actually diagnosed with fibromialga, and chronic fatique syndrome as well just to make everyone aware of that as well.

Last but not least Ive gotten SPK (keratitis eye disease) twice in my eyes now over the past month (ive never had eye problems ever before besides not being able to see far away) now Im not sure if its related or not but its definitly limited certain things I can do due to hyper sensitivty to light, and awful headches.

Im hopefully someone can chime in with some answers also at the bottom is list of current medications im on!

P.S - Ive been desperatly trying to find a spravato treatment clinic that will accept me but I've had no luck at all so far.. Mostly because I only have Medicaid/Fidelis for my insurance, but other REMS/CLINICS ive spoken to say you must have been already a paitent with them and be established to even be considered and a couple clinics told me that which makes no sense.. its supposed to be a REMs clinic like from what I understand kinda like an outpaitent thing so I dont know why some places are making it so difficult to get treated!

Medications
---------------------------------------------------
Suboxone 8mg/2mg - 3x daily (dont always take 3 tho)
Clonazepam 1mg - 2x daily
Duloxetine 60mg - 1x daily
Rexulti - just started doing starting dosage so im at 0.5 and then tommmow ill be on 1mg
Prednisone eye drops - 3x daily (3 weeks ago first keratitis infection I used neomycin 4x daily)

As far as past SNRIs and SSRIs go I've literally been on everyone of them I think at this point

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 the forum will be around shortly to support and advise. It is a lovely friendly forum and I hope you enjoy itu

waldo1954

waldo1954

I had a friend who started having chronic back pain when he was around 30. He couldn't even sit in his chair at work. I thought/knew it was depression. He missed a lot of days from work. I'm no longer in contact with him.
I thought spravato treatment was fairly cheap. Under $1,000. I don't know why that can't just give it to anyone who wants it. You seem to be the perfect candidate. I was taking clonazepam and it did wonders for me. I'm now taking lexapro 10mg. After 3 weeks, so far so good

O

odine

I had a friend who started having chronic back pain when he was around 30. He couldn't even sit in his chair at work. I thought/knew it was depression. He missed a lot of days from work. I'm no longer in contact with him.
I thought spravato treatment was fairly cheap. Under $1,000. I don't know why that can't just give it to anyone who wants it. You seem to be the perfect candidate. I was taking clonazepam and it did wonders for me. I'm now taking lexapro 10mg. After 3 weeks, so far so good
uhhhhh.... its actually $1400 per spravato treatment here in the US.. and the first four weeks u need it twice a week then after 4-5 weeks it goes down to once a week... I dunno if you are rich but unless you wanna share the love and paypal me lmao i couldnt even dream of affording that!!!

AppleJacks88

AppleJacks88

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Alright So I'm gonna give every little detail possible that I can here. So here we go...... When I was about 21 I started having lots of lower back pain (worked in office setting) and instead of doing things right I self medicated with opiates ... At that point I knew things had to change so I got on suboxone and was good for many years, then started having back problems again so I switched to methadone maint for many years, and now the last 1.5 year ive been back on suboxone....

Now when i was about 24-26 years of age is when my mental health started to go down the drain and i began experiencing depression and anxiety..... I went on about my life like nothing was wrong until about 6 years ago I started getting treatment!! Back in march I had suicidal thoughts and switched to Cymbalta 60mg and that AT LEAST got the suicidal thoughts to go away, but for the most part (and I have been on them all) anti depressants have no effect on me at all. Ive even tried addon medications like abilify to no avail..... At one point I was even on vraylar thinking of possibly a bi polar 2 diagnoses cuz I never noticed any mania so its a possibility...

Anyways Since march Ive started having PHYSICAL PROBLEMS (a couple different doctors and psychiatrists mentioned physical symptoms are caused by my mental health but im not 100% sold on that, also so you know i went through lots and lots of blood work and they couldnt find anything wrong) like non stop diarhhea to the point where i weighed 135 in march and now I only weigh about 110 (colonoscopy being done sept 1st), sometimes very frequent urination, severe insomnia, weak/exhausted. Now I was actually diagnosed with fibromialga, and chronic fatique syndrome as well just to make everyone aware of that as well.

Last but not least Ive gotten SPK (keratitis eye disease) twice in my eyes now over the past month (ive never had eye problems ever before besides not being able to see far away) now Im not sure if its related or not but its definitly limited certain things I can do due to hyper sensitivty to light, and awful headches.

Im hopefully someone can chime in with some answers also at the bottom is list of current medications im on!

P.S - Ive been desperatly trying to find a spravato treatment clinic that will accept me but I've had no luck at all so far.. Mostly because I only have Medicaid/Fidelis for my insurance, but other REMS/CLINICS ive spoken to say you must have been already a paitent with them and be established to even be considered and a couple clinics told me that which makes no sense.. its supposed to be a REMs clinic like from what I understand kinda like an outpaitent thing so I dont know why some places are making it so difficult to get treated!

Medications
Rexulti - just started doing starting dosage so im at 0.5 and then tommmow ill be on 1mg
Prednisone eye drops - 3x daily (3 weeks ago first keratitis infection I used neomycin 4x daily)

As far as past SNRIs and SSRIs go I've literally been on everyone of them I think at this point
Some of those may not be mentally-related but physical illnesses. I take vitamins like b-12, vitamin c and d, magnesium calcium zinc...and reservatrol.

AppleJacks88

AppleJacks88

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Also acai supplements once in a while lol

waldo1954

waldo1954

So your insurance won't cover it? That is pretty expensive. The manufacturer can probably make a treatment for $2!

O

odine

So your insurance won't cover it? That is pretty expensive. The manufacturer can probably make a treatment for $2!
EXACTLY!!!!!! It most likely costs them pennies on the dollar.. crooks... And actually insurance will cover it, but none the clinics within 75 miles of me state I already have to be a paitent (defeats the purporse of the entire program its supposed to be in a REMS clinic setting which is basically outpaitent after 2 hours of the treatment) and If I switched to one of those clinics to be a "paitent" I would have to start all over trying anti depressants and what not, what an absolute joke!!!

Anyways I have colonoscopy on Sept 1st maybe ill get some answers with my GI problems, but im assuming its going to come back normal and they are again gonna tell me its all my mental health.... well if thats the case i dont now what else I can do... Having problems with feeling feverish and not sleeping and having constant diarhea is one thing but now im having lower back pain and Im unable to tolerate that so im not sure how much more I can take this without some answers or some relief!!!

waldo1954

waldo1954

The reason they charge so much for spravato, and most new drugs, is 80% of the people have insurance that will pay the ridiculous price. And if you have a long history of antidepressants not working, it's stupid for a clinic to make you waste time taking medicine that already hasn't worked for you. Sorry about your situation.

C

candycane

Medications

So sorry your struggling right now, with your eye health.
I hope things get better for you.
That is odd.
It makes no sense to me either.
Maybe it is the way some clinics are set up.