• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

chronic boredom

C

Candysparks

I am so bored. Everyday, all the time. I know others must feel this way. I am bored at work, at home at a bar. This would be a simple issue but my boredom has caused some issues. I am hypersensitive to sound and fast moving objects and people. I have been bored my entire life with fleeting moments of relief. I find relief with drugs but that doesn't come without consequence. Recently my home burned down due to an electrical issue in the wall that went unnoticed. This initially cured my boredom with a series of emotions that were just as unpleasant as being bored. Once the shock wore off I immediately sunk back into boredom. I even get bored when I am drunk now. I did not think that was physiologically possible.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,im not really sure what to say ,i would like to respond much better than this because i find your post interesting
the words just won't come ,sorry
i would like to welcome you to the forum though as i don't think i have done that yet
love Lu x

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Ask yourself what is fun to you what do you like to do that you enjoy it can be anything
Dancing, painting, playing music, swimming running walking
There's so much to see and do,

Kerome

Kerome

Yeah boredom is a difficult one. I’ve heard it said that it’s a symptom of depression when it’s severe. But you could try meditation, in meditation boredom is one of the ‘hindrances’ and you learn to move past it to a certain emptiness.

Other than that you can try Twokiwisandabanana’s advice, and try to find the things that you do enjoy, and spend time on them. Be careful not to turn into an adrenaline junky :)

S

Samuelmcoker

There must be something that you are passionate about. So try to find what it is and then do it. you will never feel bored.

S

Samthelamanite

I am so bored. Everyday, all the time. I know others must feel this way. I am bored at work, at home at a bar. This would be a simple issue but my boredom has caused some issues. I am hypersensitive to sound and fast moving objects and people. I have been bored my entire life with fleeting moments of relief. I find relief with drugs but that doesn't come without consequence. Recently my home burned down due to an electrical issue in the wall that went unnoticed. This initially cured my boredom with a series of emotions that were just as unpleasant as being bored. Once the shock wore off I immediately sunk back into boredom. I even get bored when I am drunk now. I did not think that was physiologically possible.
I think I'm too hypersensitive to schizophrenics that is no where near me. How do we all communcate?