• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Christmas anxiety 😥

Talula67

Talula67

That's no problem at all. Did you say you get nauseous when you stop and try and relax and deep breathing? Sometimes a ginger biscuit or digestive helps .

My son suffered with cyclic vomitting syndrome as a child and this used to help him with his nausea sometimes. He used to breathe through a straw also to calm him down. 🤗

J

Jolly

Dear talula. I am so grateful for your post and also sad that you too suffer. I have just taken 2mg of Diaz and I will wait and see if that helps. I have not been out since October with the dizziness. I am seeing a counsellor but that might be cancelled due to tier 4 but I hope not. I will try a ginger biscuit when I am more settled in myself. The sad thing is that I work on mental health and everything you learn goes out of your mind. Do you live in the UK xx

Talula67

Talula67

Dear talula. I am so grateful for your post and also sad that you too suffer. I have just taken 2mg of Diaz and I will wait and see if that helps. I have not been out since October with the dizziness. I am seeing a counsellor but that might be cancelled due to tier 4 but I hope not. I will try a ginger biscuit when I am more settled in myself. The sad thing is that I work on mental health and everything you learn goes out of your mind. Do you live in the UK xx
The diazepam should help. Yes I am in UK . Sadly mental health doesn't descriminate and we can be mentally well on occasions too.

When we are in fight or flight we are operating from the amygdala so our learning brain is useless really. Don't beat yourself up for being human.

I do hope you can calm down enough to try some meditation. It really works for me and as someone else mentioned, listening to well-being videos on YouTube to train our mind with healthy thoughts also helps.

I'm getting a bubble bath and trying to make it out the door for some exercise with my little dog, if I don't reply straight away I will respond when I can XXX 🤗

J

Jolly

Dear talula. Thank you for listening to my overbearing post but it does help. Hubby working from home so it is hard to do meditation but will certainly look into it. Enjoy your bath and walk and again thank you. I am really grateful to you. Xx

J

Jolly

Dear talula. Thank you for listening to my overbearing post but it does help. Hubby working from home so it is hard to do meditation but will certainly look into it. Enjoy your bath and walk and again thank you. I am really grateful to you. Xx
Dear talula do you suffer from palpitations and if so how long for xx

Talula67

Talula67

Hi Jolly

Yes I have done occasionally when I am not well and stressed. I try to avoid triggers, stimulants etc., Which can exacerbate it. Relaxation is a must they are scary. I have to work on my deep breathing in for 4 seconds hold for 7 and out for 8 a few times this always helps!

Are your palpitations bad at the moment lovely?
🤗Xxx

J

Jolly

Hi Jolly

Yes I have done occasionally when I am not well and stressed. I try to avoid triggers, stimulants etc., Which can exacerbate it. Relaxation is a must they are scary. I have to work on my deep breathing in for 4 seconds hold for 7 and out for 8 a few times this always helps!

Are your palpitations bad at the moment lovely?
🤗Xxx
Yes. I have had them since lunchtime. I have had a monitor on for five days and took it back on Monday gone. When I get them I get more stressed and anxious. I am laid on the bed with my clothes on just in case. I am trying to do the breathing but it is hard. How was your walk with your little dogs. I have two chihuahuas xx

Talula67

Talula67

Yes. I have had them since lunchtime. I have had a monitor on for five days and took it back on Monday gone. When I get them I get more stressed and anxious. I am laid on the bed with my clothes on just in case. I am trying to do the breathing but it is hard. How was your walk with your little dogs. I have two chihuahuas xx
I'm sorry to hear that. Why do you have your clothes on? Just in case you have to go out?

Nice walk thanks Jolly ...cold but nice ...got wrapped up and just been watching the movie Recession which has freaked me out a little bit 😳.

I'm going to read for a little while and try and sleep before 11pm. I am a binge eater and have been overeating for the past couple of days really bad , but have had a good day today, so far, I feel that I am back in control.

One day at a time I hope to keep this under wraps.

J

Jolly

It is the first time laid on bed with my clothes on. Just feel too anxious. What a doughnut I feel. I am pleased you had a nice walk and not binge eating today. That is something to be positive about. Thank you so much for your support. Probably speak later. Take care xx

J

Jogger44

I’ve been in a pretty low mood & anxiety has risen it’s ugly head again
Leading up to Xmas was hard - too much to think of - think I’m coping but I’m obviously not - work myself silly trying to think of everything and everybody including family that have passed away
& also not being able to see my son & new Grandson who are not local to me
My sleep is awful - waking a lot & dreaming - no energy
Went to my eldest sons on Christmas Day - I woke up anxious - went but didn’t really want to - fixed smile on my face - left after a few hours - struggled with the noise & putting on a brave face was exhausting- got home & wanted to cry- l should have enjoyed being with my family but I didn’t - so many physical symptoms due to anxiety gets me so panicky l don’t know what to do with myself - keep asking myself “will l ever be in control of this” & will my life ever get better???
I also have health anxiety - even minor ailments are so serious to me
Here it is Boxing Day - awake at 5am - anxious !! Dozed on and off & just laid in bed as l didn’t want to get up to face anything - bit of a headache -sore eyes- I’ve been snuffly for a few days - palpitations & my mouth is sore so I’ve put 2 +2 together & come up with 200 that l have Covid !!!!
My sore mouth is more than likely from my inhaler - sore eyes are props from lack of sleep & so on
But I’m still anxious - dwelling - over thinking- definitely not enjoying my days - and really just want to lay in bed
That seems to be my safe place
Does anyone relate to some of this madness I’m going through
I would love to hear from you please

J

Jogger44

I’ve been in a pretty low mood & anxiety has risen it’s ugly head again
Leading up to Xmas was hard - too much to think of - think I’m coping but I’m obviously not - work myself silly trying to think of everything and everybody including family that have passed away
& also not being able to see my son & new Grandson who are not local to me
My sleep is awful - waking a lot & dreaming - no energy
Went to my eldest sons on Christmas Day - I woke up anxious - went but didn’t really want to - fixed smile on my face - left after a few hours - struggled with the noise & putting on a brave face was exhausting- got home & wanted to cry- l should have enjoyed being with my family but I didn’t - so many physical symptoms due to anxiety gets me so panicky l don’t know what to do with myself - keep asking myself “will l ever be in control of this” & will my life ever get better???
I also have health anxiety - even minor ailments are so serious to me
Here it is Boxing Day - awake at 5am - anxious !! Dozed on and off & just laid in bed as l didn’t want to get up to face anything - bit of a headache -sore eyes- I’ve been snuffly for a few days - palpitations & my mouth is sore so I’ve put 2 +2 together & come up with 200 that l have Covid !!!!
My sore mouth is more than likely from my inhaler - sore eyes are props from lack of sleep & so on
But I’m still anxious - dwelling - over thinking- definitely not enjoying my days - and really just want to lay in bed
That seems to be my safe place
Does anyone relate to some of this madness I’m going through
I would love to hear from you please
Hi I have a lot of the same symptoms as you describe so you defo are not alone, have you seen a doctor for some medication to help? I take propranolol 1 tablet a day and helps me with coping as stops me getting tense for no reason which starts the palpitations and panic setting in. Every time I think I am beginning to feel normal for no reason out of blue hits me again I think COVID is making things worse as I worry about everything. Hope you start to feel better soon x

J

Jolly

Hi I have a lot of the same symptoms as you describe so you defo are not alone, have you seen a doctor for some medication to help? I take propranolol 1 tablet a day and helps me with coping as stops me getting tense for no reason which starts the palpitations and panic setting in. Every time I think I am beginning to feel normal for no reason out of blue hits me again I think.COVID is making things worse as I worry about everything. Hope you start to feel better soon x
Hi jogger. I had palpitations from 12 noon yesterday and had a dreadful night. It is so frightening when you worry about everything. I worry all the time. I feel so sad for my hubby having to put up with it. I am having counselling and hopefully it is not cancelled due to tier 4. How long due you have palpitations for. A doctor did suggest propranolol but I am waiting for my 5 day ecg results. Now it is snowing and that is making me nervous. I hope everyone feels better soon xx

J

Jogger44

Hi jogger. I had palpitations from 12 noon yesterday and had a dreadful night. It is so frightening when you worry about everything. I worry all the time. I feel so sad for my hubby having to put up with it. I am having counselling and hopefully it is not cancelled due to tier 4. How long due you have palpitations for. A doctor did suggest propranolol but I am waiting for my 5 day ecg results. Now it is snowing and that is making me nervous. I hope everyone feels better soon xx
Hi I have had anxiety for over a year now and like you worry about everything. I find the palpitations come from no where but touch wood haven’t had them for a while but really think the propranolol works as it slows heartbeat down so calms me down. I would recommend trying it as made a big difference like you find it hard to sleep at night for months could be up till 2-3am laying awake but again is light at end of tunnel. I hope your counciling works and helps you feel better, I have a telephone appointment mid January and hope makes a difference x

J

Jolly

Hi I have had anxiety for over a year now and like you worry about everything. I find the palpitations come from no where but touch wood haven’t had them for a while but really think the propranolol works as it slows heartbeat down so calms me down. I would recommend trying it as made a big difference like you find it hard to sleep at night for months could be up till 2-3am laying awake but again is light at end of tunnel. I hope your counciling works and helps you feel better, I have a telephone appointment mid January and hope makes a difference x
They won’t put me on any thing yet until my 5 day ecg results are back. My heart slows down unfortunately and I am finding it hard to eat when the palpitations are bad. It is really scary and not sure if I should ring 111 for advice as it could be anxiety. I just feel like crying as I am so tired. Thank you for your post it is so appreciated. Xx