Christmas πŸŽ…

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
but it probably isn;t that simple theories have come and gone, as new scientist said the current half life of genetic theories on personality is 6 months, half of theories are disproved every 6 months
BDU isn't clued up around it all. There have been & are hundreds of theories regarding schizophrenia/psychosis. It's multi-factorial, individual, complex & in depth. It needs a whole person integral understanding & approach.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just to add if i got better enough and off these drugs that make me sleep long hours i might be able to handle a 40hr week in burger king at the min wage, but so far that better isn;t on offer

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
just to add if i got better enough and off these drugs that make me sleep long hours i might be able to handle a 40hr week in burger king at the min wage, but so far that better isn;t on offer
Regardless of what has lead us to the current situation/circumstances we're neither of us, along with a percentage of others on here, able to currently be in work, & may Never be at a stage where we're able to.

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

Regardless of what has lead us to the current situation/circumstances we're neither of us, along with a percentage of others on here, able to currently be in work, & may Never be at a stage where we're able to.
That doesn't necessarily mean though that we can't be useful and at some stage contribute to society even if that doesn't mean full time work.

Hannibal Lecter once said any sane society would put me to some useful purpose or put me to death.

Granted he was criminally insane and w'ere not but you get the gist!!!

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

there used to be massive stigma attached to leprosy, to the point they hung a bell around the sufferers necks. :(

Pretty much the one thing i think we're all in agreement with is, Mental Health Treatments have to change, and with the Accerlation of Technology, once this begins it will probably roar forward.

I knew a girl who lost a baby to SIDS, it used to be a real severe problem where i lived, rarely a year passed you didn't hear of some poor family who lost a baby.

Then they taught mums to put baby down on their side not their tummies (we used to actually get taught this!) and now no one knows a mum who lost a baby to SIDS.

Within my adulthood its gone from Common to Almost Never. In front of my eyes.
Were you aware that fifth Beatle Stu Sutcliffe (1940-62) was known as Leppo by the rest of the group!!!

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That doesn't necessarily mean though that we can't be useful and at some stage contribute to society even if that doesn't mean full time work.
i was in full time work for some 8 years between breakdowns, & have completed 7 years of further education.

i don't see work as the be all & end all of leading a full & productive life. In certain ways i feel that i have lead a far more responsible, useful & productive life since being out of work.

There are myriad ways that we can live a useful life & be of service to others.

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

i was in full time work for some 8 years between breakdowns, & have completed 7 years of further education.

i don't see work as the be all & end all of leading a full & productive life. In certain ways i feel that i have lead a far more responsible, useful & productive life since being out of work.

There are myriad ways that we can live a useful life & be of service to others.
I completely agree.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i fancy baby quails boiled in goose fat, a roasted honey pigs head stuffed with black pudding, with a goat cream & black truffle sauce for Christmas dinner. Yum yum.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

i fancy baby quails boiled in goose fat, a roasted honey pigs head stuffed with black pudding, with a goat cream & black truffle sauce for Christmas dinner. Yum yum.
is that you, Donald?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my friend says your severely depresssed and anxious and they're leaving you alone at xmas

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Ironies of Christianity:

just as the stressors hit the peak, all the Helping Agencies close for the Holidays.

:(

ive just found out one of my clubs has a gig on Christmas arvo/night though, so this Year the therapy will be beer and tunes.

What are you doing this Christmas? Going to the Club of course! :D

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i said to a friend i'd prefer xmas in the workhouse my friend said me too, it's funny because organisations like mind who purportedly represent the mentally ill endlessly go on about the old bins, you'd thing care in the community had never happened, my local mind has a whole series of leaflets on display about rights in hospital, not one about rights in the community

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Carers and Mental Health 3