Chlorpromazine and prozac

ladyblues

ladyblues

I have been on 60mg of prozac and 25mg of chlorpromazine for over a year now. I have found little effect or rather shall I say improvement in that time apart from at night as the chlorpromazine makes me sleep...

I stopped medicating without the knowledge of my GP for several weeks and have slipped down hill again so I confided in my GP and she had re-started my meds on a weekly basis but I am having to wean myself back on to the prozac now so am only on 20mg a day, the chlorpromazine dosage remains the same.

I am just wondering if anyone has had success with these meds either together or separately?

I have tried nearly all the old and newer anti depressants but none have been effective enough to make me feel in control of my life :(

Sorry for such a negative post

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Ladyb, have been taking Fluoxetine/Prozac 20mgs for 18 months, and it has helped me I think :)

My Gp wants me to increase it a little, but I have to be so very careful with meds as I am already on a lot of other stuff permanently. Sorry cannot help you the Chlorpromazine.:(

ladyblues

ladyblues

Hi Libra,

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to know that your feeling a little brighter since being on the prozac :)
I know that the 20mgs wont help me as I do need a higher dose but I just worry how I am going to cope until I can get back to the 60mg dose...

Having said that even on the 60mg I dont feel much better but its when I come off my meds that I do notice that I hit lower than low so maybe they are actually doing something

:oops: I confuse myself with my feelings :cry:

I can understand how you feel having to be on other medications too, I am the same for asthma, migraines and diabetes, it really is never ending

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Maybe your GP could try some different meds or make a community mental health referal for you as something else might be more effective for you.
KP