• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Chinese Accupuncture and Accupressure

N

NrLondonGuy

Hi

Had awlful anxiety recently where just completely restless and jumpy all day, unable to keep still etc etc. Trying to aviod going back on weight gaining meds which I hate and tried accupuncture and accupressue today. I went in sceptical but desperate and I can honestly say its helped massively. I am still edgy but compared to what I have been I feel most relaxed I have felt for ages. When I went in I thought I was going to go mad expecially when the guy pinned me down to a bed with prospect of not mving for an hour and when I came out I honestly felt like I just wanted to lye down on the floor in teh shopping centre and go to sleep. Anyway while I was sedated I signed up for a 10 session treatment (+3 free) which altogether will cost quite a lot (£500 - arrggg) but the difference is so big I just thought its worth the money and anything to avoid meds. I'll pay from inheritance I am getting so not bankrupting myself although alot of money.

Anyway they said it has long term gains so to start with if you can afford it (in my critical state of anxiety) I shoudl start with 3 sessins a week, then 2 then 1 etc and then you can just have it once every 1.5 months or stop. It really did help massively.

I went to a chinese medicne shop in town and the guy who did it is from CHina with about 20 years experince and worked in hospitals in China doing it. As with most things better to get someone who knwos what they are doing.

Anyway - just thoguht I woudl throw this out there as really has helped me after just one session.

Last edited:
oneday

oneday

Hi - I used to visit an acupuncturist which I found useful for stress. My acupuncturist was from Hong Kong and was also qualified as a psychiatrist there.

Yes, one of the the problems with alternative or complementary therapies like this is the price. It is always worth checking, though, whether there are local centres offering low-cost or free options, and sometimes you can be referred to these by your doctor.

I'm aware of a Traditional Chinese Medicine clinic in south London, the Gateway Clinic, that is part of the NHS - people in the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham can be referred for free to the service by their doctor; body acupuncture requires a GP referral, although other treatments you can self-refer to and you don't necessarily have to be from the area. For more info, phone: 020 3228 6151.

N

NrLondonGuy

Very useful thanks as £500 as really put a sting in my pocket but was lured under the affect of sedation.