• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Chilling Whispers

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Something scary happened while was sitting in class yesterday evening. I had taken a mild sedative before going to class (as to help reduce stress levels and stop any memories from popping up caused by the PTSD). While I was sitting in class I started hearing this whisper, and it was so cold and chilling. It was the voice of a guy who had attempted to rape me, and soon I started hearing the voice of the other guy involved. Soon there were the voices of 2 other guys who had done things to me in another incident. They were all talking at once and whispering, and it was so confusing.

This has never happened before :eek: I was totally caught off guard. Any idea what this is?

S

*Sapphire*

Hi FastLane

I suffered with PTSD (amongst my many other diagnosis). I still get sudden memories but not the whole reliving thing that used to happen to me. Now if I get a memory I can usually ground myself and move on.

I've never heard of hearing whispers as being a part of PTSD, but just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean that it couldn't be a part of it. I would speak with your psychiatrist if you have one or your GP and see what they think.

Just a question though, do you usually take your sedative in the day? If you don't I would mention that to your GP/Psych because it might have something to do with it, but I couldn't say as i'm not a medical professional.

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Yeah I'm only linking it to the PSTD because the voices were those involved in the incident but I'm going to mention it to my counsellor.

I take 2 sedatives in the afternoon and 2 again in the evening.

The whole thing just caught me off guard. I've never experienced something like that before. :(