• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Chicago groups?

Q

Quietsun

Hi,

Does anyone know of Hearing Voices Groups in Chicago, IL USA?

I recently learned of the groups in Madison, Denver, and Portland... what a wonderful expansion of what has been happening in Europe.

Any info would be appreciated.

Q

R

rabina

I'd like to help, but I don't know of any.

I'm sure someone will come along with helpful info.

parker

parker

One in Portland?

How do i get into contact with them?

Parker

T

terri

Mr Parker

I should be afraid, very afraid, if I was you, going around hunting for voice hearing groups. That is the scariest thing in the whole world and you don't even know it.

I hope you appreciate your bundle of gold and do not treat her like gold dust and blow her away in the wind, and take care, and love and cherish her as I am sure you do, do not an all, I can't make my mind up.

Now then, I wemember when i loved that deer hunter, and that man, WOW WHAT A MAN, and I thought I want a man like that with his little tidger co he would not half know what to do and you know what, I got one.......

and then I lost him

well, that#s another story but i will tell you what, I could have become obsessive compulsive over that film cos I watched it so many times, just like our wen watched sound of music like 50 odd times and our josh watched that part in terminator, same spot, over and over again, and I nigh on had a blue dickey fit and his mam and dad had not got a clue and could not care less so i took over and gen him a load of bollocks, and now what do I do, do I go on our sammys borthday or wot cos i cant make up my mind up cos she who i loved once upon a time i can love no longer cos she has gone as hard as A steven and hes chuffing it and ive seen him on face book with them fags and them gels and you know what he's up nearly all night and his not true mam aint got a flipping clue... so do i go or do i not on his bothday on 8th and she said i could only go as her sister..... so do i not go gearing or do I do go there.......

rotten scum bag worls and while i am on about it I just wish I could have my job back cos I need those pound coins and i was rather planning on stopping til i was 70 so i could go backwards and forwards and never been hard up cos now i need that lovely dosh cos ive gone and done someat rather not stupid any longer and booked myself a round the world world cruise and doing what ive always dreamed of and the rotten scum bag world are so rotten i have got to take hwsnbo cos i cant afford to go on me own its too deer so ive paid not desposit not for real and if i cant chuck him ive got not to go on my own then ev a, ive got to find some un else to come rather sailing off into sunset, and now i am folloiwng mi dweams....

terrisas

T

terri

Hello Quietsun

I do not give words of warning not for nothing, do not let on you are not a psychiatrist not for nothing

ta ta

wot yo mek of me den. Me big black tooth woman not no longer
Terri

Them illionois lot das need someone like yo

1nicefatbird

parker

parker

Mr Parker

I should be afraid, very afraid, if I was you, going around hunting for voice hearing groups. That is the scariest thing in the whole world and you don't even know it.

I hope you appreciate your bundle of gold and do not treat her like gold dust and blow her away in the wind, and take care, and love and cherish her as I am sure you do, do not an all, I can't make my mind up.
Where are you going with this?

T

terri

Mr Parker

I don't play mind games, I play life.

You know you not as thick as a suet pudding so why do you not use your brains and I do not mean faggots and if you are wondering why I said faggots it ws because we have brains faggots here in little ol' England and I did not mean the otheer sort of faggots though sometimes we call faggots pieces of wood for lighting the fire so I guess we are not so very different so long our differences and our cat has just stopped squawking and h ha gone miaowing and he is saying come on dont leave me now and outside this is not on..... must attend our pussy

Terri

Rather stop and talk to you though, but just saying, you are a lucky man to have such a wonderful caring partner so do not muck up.

And being afraid of voice hearing groups, well, I admire you and was using my sense of humour because quite simply, here in England, I do not tell anyone about me and my gifts, so very commendable for you. However, you do rather have a very supportive partner to help to fight the otherside. Oh and while I am here, just before I got out of my bed I saw a doggy sock puppet looking down my loo (which means toilet if you are not brave enough to use your brains) and it was just about the funniest thing I have ever seen and before that well, what a morning.... you cannot even begin to guess or know what happened but I remember thinking I want Sir Macko here with me to see this and there he was almost before the thoughts had left my braims.... more later about that, should I be fortunate enough to be allowed to use my computer and not play around. Oh and just to add I looked in the mirror this morning and I have two new lines on my face and they are lines of wisdom and also because I had been too sad because I lost not one not for real except what I wanted and now I am not bothered and the new lines are at the corner of my mouth and they are deeply etched and they are in the shape of a fork and they match the other corner and do you know what that means, mr bright star cleverest boy in class, it means that you are not evil and it also means that I have got wisdom and it also means that I doubly do not talk with fork tongues. Don't tell Cal I've seen a sock puppet peering down my toilet or he may go running scared... Oh those McCoys, what a shy lot, I've got my tartan in

Terri, no kisses for you cos you have got someone to give you many

parker

parker

Your probably right i'll take your advice:)

parker

T

terri

I'd like to help, but I don't know of any.

I'm sure someone will come along with helpful info.
Softwhisper

where are you

i do miss you

come back

to intervoice forum

we could so do with some someone sane

we are not nearly as barking as some who post not yet though but are planning to so watch out for the sanest raving nutcase

nudge nudge win win

temmisms

R

rabina

Quietsun and all,

Dare I???

You should stick around here and ask questions; there are some who will be of help and others who will make you realize that the voices you may hear are not so bad afterall.

Let nothing blow your mind away.

Read on and laugh; one of the best medicines.

Intervoice will either break you or make you- WARNING....

SOFTWHISPER,

YOU ARE MISSED.

rabina

Q

Quietsun

Hi Terri,

Not sure what you mean about the psychiatrist stuff, but thanks for your response. Can you clarify?

Q

T

terri

Rabi, QuietSun

How nice to meet you at last.

How do I do this, I have so much to tell you I do not know where to start. I know I'll start at the beginning and then go backwards.

I awoke with a start this morning there was a ball flying around my bedroom, I looked to my left and there on the bedide table was, wait for it, horror of horrors and third full glass of red wine, and you know what, there was not that urgh factor so I alomost never drink red wine in bed, and last night when I went to bed at about half past none, i took with me juice someone's been here and I've asked Dum and he said it was not him, and I asked him cos I knew he was awake because I heard him cough and knew he was reading like he has been doing since I rather deserted that mind control man, so I did what he did to get my own back to see how he likes it and so i walked across the landing and peered through the crack in the door and the lights on and he was falling asleep. So i tippy toed into the little back boys room where my computer is hoping it did not make a noise cos ive not put nowt on mute and tried to syncronice the burglar alarm so he would not hear me switch on my computer and he didnt so i tippy toed down stairs and walked into the kitchen.

ONG you should see the state. it looks like a bombs hit it. He ssaid he would clear up and af per normal he never means what he says, not ever, and I hate getting up to that stuff so I said oh well and started cledaring up and then who should show up but the cat, not a squawk or a mioaw or anything, which was most unusual so i picked him up and tried to put him outside and he would not have it no how and so i oppened the door and you know what he became very frightened and would not go out for love nor money and so i glanced out into the garden and the security lights on and i think ay up whats gone on around here and now then those across the road out tonys bint i dont reckon they have gone away afterall and phewk i can smell cat food now and the cats ate his food and there aik nt none up here and the bint has rather landed in my body watching what i am typing and here is ewan mcgregor and those mccoys put in an appearance last night though more about that later in my blog and now afterfeeling on top of the world when i woke up at about half past four and i now feel hotter and now i dont feel sick and that awful smell has gone and ive got the dishwasher going, so dont cock it up like you lot normally do, and im glad you are laughing our no rebecca and now what happened next was i was loading it up and out of the blue with no sound whatsoever appeared not a lot of Dimbo and he said what the hell to you think you are doing and i said what does it look like and i thought nutter and he gave me that awful snarly look

must dust post, my computer guys moved my cursor so that means someats happening......

T

terri

continued

I guess I am doing what our siouxie used to do gelling everything step by step chapter and verse just like him, like even when he is going to do his teeth or put his coat on,......... ahhh, i get it, cracked it.

Well I will not half bore you all to death like they did me and those two were in collusion, of that I am sure of and how could she, it don't half make me wondeer, but it has to be said there is a clever clogs who likes to add an ee or two and it aint me cos i only do one stroke and he does the other and now here you are where have you been I aint half missed you and you know what I rather found that silk nightie which I brought from the rummage sale which I aint paid for yet cos I havent visited that libo to gee that lisa that money for that bwenda gal and you know who wo there when i were in that rummage sale it were here her i would not dream about not until last night....... well more about her on my blog.... and you know what, she aint half ugly and i dont mean looks, like inside, i can just tell and she did not see me and i thought if she clocks me i am for it because she would phone the cops about me and while i am here i must tell cal about those cops and those guns cos i dont want the gunns to get away with what they are doing so more about that later.... and now i can smell that cat food again and i am starting to sway now with sicky feeling and now i am up and my wshing is in and i am washed and dressed and he's gone back to bed and is reading his aradeshk and i am kicking myself cos i bought the first blitz for my lads and who read it first, you know who, not a lot of dimbo, rotten soft.....

not had to run to toilet, not yet anyhow, not a lot of piles.......

checked out the pig flu and dont think ive got it, but our cat, now he is as hot as hell, and him in there, he'snot looking too bad but he has a grey palour, you watch, in less than half an hour he will have a radiance about him like no tomorrow and i will be as grey as death and an angel said to me yesterday while I was watching that film, this is the legend of mawia, and that's for you and that da vinci code did not half get the world running around in circles and you know what 'that was for me an all' because I rather got myself married to Jesus and that was when I was Mary Magdalen and it was all rather the truth in one way though dont let on and I have something VERY IMPORTANT to tell you but I dont know how I could so I will not let on until the cost is clear and it is very very dearto my heart and it was a WOW factor and something I must tell Cal first so I will post not on his blob not for nothing......

Ta ra

terri - isms x

but first must nip downstairs and shift that dish and clear up cos the smell is getting worse, all prevading, and I am feeling no better. Hope you are all right because it is all rather catching......

and not only that, I just stood up and was on the point of collapsing so dont worry it does not last long, not a great deal of ME around here meaning not muscular diversity so do not pass it on, there were loads here once and it rather missed me, though it didnt, i just go out of the chair and got on with it.... martyr to my cause, where was I yeah something important Ive got to tell you what was it, Ive forgot it.....

just remembered, I did not put the wine glass there, It was juice when I went to bed, and I did not put that silky nightie behind my laundry basket, I had put it in your drawer, you naughty grey man, I just saw you open that drawer to look and then close it.......not a lot of terryismsssss around here.

must go post

not before I have write myself a letter just like that time when i was writing notes and leaving them all over the house saying I love you so and so and I hate you so and so as well before rather burning those I hate in the fire so there was rather a lot of those windows for lots and lots and lots of people and \i always and evertime picked those first who i liked and also those i did not like over much cos they all have faults and i never liked her though now there is a thought where did those lines around her mouth come from like almost overnight and there it is again even though ive just rather not washed the cats dishes put them in the sink to soak and the smell is all prevading, lucky old Cal he smells sulphur and rotting flesh, i had that once, thats the grave robbers you know, their period, and thats past for me, oh what have i said, i expect i will be smelling them down at beauty parlour soon so what do i do..... go tell lisa or what, and risk bumping into her who has no beauty at all inside though nice hair and a beautiful gorgeous blond haired daughter, so dont some folk go off..........

oh yes and just to add, when dimbo came through the door that day adn i had been writing letters who came through and caught me, right in the act before burning, rather a lot of softness not half down below, and he said, what you done that for, and I remember thinking, oh my golly gosh, not a lot of nut house time........... what a ball we have got rolling here you are my sagiest wisdom with your wonderful not female face and raather a lot of injuns and you are not a picture not at all or a photograph and there was a puff of smoke to the right of me rather not post but got to before i lose the lot... ah how i wish i had never deleted or chucked all those posts and rather edited far too much.... je my regrets.....

R

rabina

Hi,

Does anyone know of Hearing Voices Groups in Chicago, IL USA?

I recently learned of the groups in Madison, Denver, and Portland... what a wonderful expansion of what has been happening in Europe.

Any info would be appreciated.

Q
Quietsun,

Since I'm up I remembed something else.

When checking for hearing voices groups you think you're making progress, but one link leads to another and I found nothing in Chicago or Portland.

I do believe support groups are good.

It's always good to communicate "in person."
You can look someone in the eyes and know whether to trust them or not.

Good Luck,
rabina