Cherie

C

Cherry2

Advice/help welcome! I am new but have an Appeal for My Dismissal on Mon 9 Jan. I have been dismissed for poor performance whilst off I am off sick with depression triggered by work related stress due to an accumulation of toxic office culture and boss is a bully and harassing/pressurising me whilst off sick delaying recovery. Only work there 18 months, see OH and he confirmed this is the case on his report, but didn't qualify me under the Equality Act. I do not know whether I would/should qualify as been told he should have asked my GP for my records. So appealing on grounds they have not followed procedure as my performance never been questioned, harassing me and referred to incidents of intimidation and not taking my complaint seriously.
Would I be better to see whether my condition falls under the Equality Act or is OH opinion final?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hi Cherie.

I don't have much experience with this, but I do relate to toxic office culture. I have had my share of those.

I do know that if you were employed for more than 2 years you do have more rights, but that is all I know.

May I suggest you get in touch with ACAS?

Home | Acas

C

Cherry2

Thank you - I have and they are helpful. Thank you it is a frustrating time.

P

Pixieb34

Sorry I don't know anything, but I'm so sorry you've been treated this way, it's disgraceful. Do you see the mental health team, I assume you don't have them or they'd be sorting it for you. citzens advice are nice. I wonder if a mental health charity would speak up for you, like Depression Alliance? X