• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Chemical Phobia

M

mat12

I have a phobia of chemicals, even household cleaners that aren't natural. I get freaked out reading all the warnings and health dangers that are listed on the bottles and get freaked out when I get normal irritation from them like when the fumes make you cough, irritate your eyes, or give you a headache. It is annoying because it is hard to avoid them, especially during covid and I feel like people are overusing them these days. I feel like my symptoms mean I get poisoned and I freak out. Anyone else deal with this?

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

I have a phobia of chemicals, even household cleaners that aren't natural. I get freaked out reading all the warnings and health dangers that are listed on the bottles and get freaked out when I get normal irritation from them like when the fumes make you cough, irritate your eyes, or give you a headache. It is annoying because it is hard to avoid them, especially during covid and I feel like people are overusing them these days. I feel like my symptoms mean I get poisoned and I freak out. Anyone else deal with this?
u might just have allergies to the scented ones. u can get unscented. or just clean with plain vinegar. otherwise fumes are not that big a deal. just dont mix bleach and vinegar together. and dont overuse bleach. open a window.