• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cheating ocd please help and respond

S

Stacocd1

Hi

so this is a bit of a long story - many years ago before I was diagnosed with ocd - I was out with my friends at an engagement party and couldn’t remember the whole night and was panicking as I had been drinking and thought what if I had cheated on my now husband and I feel so sick about it, but I kept getting thoughts coming into my head that I would cheat with my ex and I wouldn’t be bothered by this, that night we went to a club and in my head thoughts came in saying I would only be going to this night club to see if my ex was there to cheat and it was like I wasn’t bothered by this thought and like I would just do it, this isn’t me at all! When I got to the club some guy tried to chat me up and I told him I had a boyfriend, as the night went on I kept thinking I had cheated and couldn’t remember and I was panicking! And thoughts popped into my head about texting my Ex and that the only reason I never done it was because he would tell my now husband, but that thought doesn’t make sense because if I had sent my ex the text I would not be continuing my relationship with my now husband I just couldn’t continue a relationship on a lie! But the next day I felt so guilty about those thoughts as I’m not like that but it really felt like I would just cheat and I wouldn’t be bothered I don’t think or remember feeling any anxiety back then but this was 8 years ago, We had only been together 7 months or something by this point, we are happily married with a child and I couldn’t think of anyone better to spend the rest of my life with! But just can’t get these thoughts out my head and feel like such a bad person! (Me and my husband got together about 2 months after me and my ex broke up and was with him previously for 7 years) it was a toxic relationship and I was so stupid to stay with him for the amount of things he done to me. Someone please respond to this I feel so alone!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Try to reduce the stress in your life, eat well, get out for a walk every day, try to calm your mind and body down and maybe that will help.

D

Doingmybest1996

Hi,

I know exactly how you are feeling, I am having the same problem now where I cant get things out of my head!

Shall we chat?

C

Comfort23

I read something that suggested intrusive thoughts tend to be about doing things the opposite of who we are. The reason they're so scary is because we abhor doing the things the thoughts suggest. So, someone who loves animals may have thoughts about hurting animals. Someone who is fiercely loyal to their spouse may have thoughts about cheating. Whereas animal abusers and cheaters aren't tormented by these thoughts because they don't have those values. I believe recovery from ocd and other mental health struggles is possible so please don't lose hope.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Recently diagnosed need help and advice on cheating OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
R ROCD and Cheating OCD-Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Intrusive thoughts about cheating Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K Please help with intrusive thoughts about cheating!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
D Strange ocd theme! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
P OCD and anxiety over blood borne viruses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
C Do you think I'm Ocd? HELP! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C I'm going crazy.. Help Me! (Ocd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
G New treatment for OCD - brain pulses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S Ocd back Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E OCD (fear of being poisoned) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Methods to beat OCD effectively Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R Horror ocd pure Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Beating OCD, Intrusive Thoughts, PURE-O and everything in between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
stevie_sloth Tourettic OCD anyond? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J Scared about my OCD symptoms. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
D Heart palpitations and ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
T Am I having OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J Worsening of ocd 'pure o' Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
R just realised how serious my OCD is, after going too far ... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
K I think I have OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
G Please help. Ocd COVID disaster :( Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D Advices for helping person with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M OCD focusing on a real event Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
D Pure ocd - in need of some support/guidance… Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 31
L False Memory OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A Existential OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
E Ocd Panic please help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
M OCD and Involuntary movement Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
C I need help on this one ( OCD ) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B Have You Identified Your OCD Triggers? and How Did You Identify Your OCD Triggers? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Which meds help your OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
Amelia2020 My ocd is getting worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N Disturbing OCD thoughts keep forcing invasive thoughts into my head and I cant control it Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Ocd advice. Ocd and negative associations Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
O Its about time i addressed ocd in my 30s Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
Tawny How to Help Yourself with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
S Body focused OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J OCD attraction and sex Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Did I cheat or is it my ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 36
E Contamination ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
tartan extreme OCD and checking/self-doubt, your experiences? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
A I have severe OCD which has only been getting worse. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M My OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B OCD despite the vaccine Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
O OCD Zoloft Dosage Increase, More Anxiety, Panic Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T OCD and fear of sexual intimacy Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
O A weird question about OCD and reminders masturbation Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Somatic OCD Swallowing Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10