• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Changing the face of Recovery: What has worked for you?

S

sarahch

Hello all,
I am new here so please forgive me if I am being repetative but it's my second day and I've looked and searched for this but found no help. I've been hearing voices for well over five years. I now work in the field in the US and I am always looking for new, innovative, and helpful ways to better help my clients and also myself at the same time. The best way that I 've learned to cope is by using music, (when I can) and consuming as much knowledge as I possibly can. I want to know what helps others? And if you could make any change to the mental health system that would ultimately help you, what would it be and why? I ask the later because I also work in policy and would love some fresh new ideas! Thanks in advance! Stay strong!:)

McMurphy's Ghost

McMurphy's Ghost

Hello all,
I am new here so please forgive me if I am being repetative but it's my second day and I've looked and searched for this but found no help. I've been hearing voices for well over five years. I now work in the field in the US and I am always looking for new, innovative, and helpful ways to better help my clients and also myself at the same time. The best way that I 've learned to cope is by using music, (when I can) and consuming as much knowledge as I possibly can. I want to know what helps others? And if you could make any change to the mental health system that would ultimately help you, what would it be and why? I ask the later because I also work in policy and would love some fresh new ideas! Thanks in advance! Stay strong!:)

If I only get one change then I would round up all the psychiatrists and load them onto cattle trucks and take them to a re-education centre in a remote location where they could confess their crimes against humanity and be deprogrammed.

Why? Because their narrow view of humans as little more than broken machines who need to be fixed with drugs makes them dangerous to society at large.

Action T4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

calypso

calypso

Staff member
Admin
I think the hearing voices network, there is something in the part on it, helps, where we all try to help each other in understanding them and how to cope with them. Anti psychotics didn't make mind go away, they just made me not care about them so much. But when stressed, the antipsychotics made no difference at all, except make me put on weight. Rufus May has some good ideas, but he is controversial too - look him up online.