• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Changing meds again Treatment resistant

fazza

fazza

So after a lot of discussion I am now taking a depot of haldol 100mg every 2 weeks. I have now tried nearly every drug available from Abilify to Zuclopentixol and nothing really works. I have been told that I am treatment resistant and I must go on clozapine but after a blood test I was found to have a low white count due to me taking zuclopentixol so they will not persue the clozapine as they expect a similar reaction.

I am running out of patience. The voices talk to me daily telling me how to kill myself and that I am evil and that I work for the devil. It upsets me because I have never to my knowledge ever been evil. I have never had a fight, I have never hurt anyone but on and on "Your evil you have evil blood. You work for me I own you, Do as I say"

My poor wife puts up with this crap day after day she is there for me and I am now a total waste of space as I no longer work I do nothing around the house to help her and I am constantly irratable. Hopefully the haldol will help a little I just need to get out of this hole that I have dug for myself whilst trying to hide from the voices

SarahD

SarahD

So sorry you are suffering like this. Hope the new drug helps. X

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Hi fazza

I was put on clozapine years ago cos I was said to be treatment resistant, after trying lots of different anti-psychotics first. I was only on it four months cos I could not tolerate the side effects: constipation, unintelligible speech, night sweats, dribbling and drooling. I had a blood test every week before my prescription was issued. My blood count was always okay.

I hope everything goes well for you, and I'm sorry to hear about how you're suffering at the moment :)