• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Changing food habit, but my friend don’t respect my choice

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Hi everyone,

I promised my mom to do a new diet/ food change for 3 months. To see if it can help me, my mom is a big believer of nature remedy and holistic treatment. So I often respect her belief and also not everything is wrong, you can always try and see as long it won’t hurt me.

So a nutrient/ nature doctor told my mom that a diet change could help me get better. My diet will start next week, so right now I’m enjoying all my sweets and all the food I won’t be eating for 3 months 😱

But I have a friend that trying to argument that I should eat out, sneak behind my mom back and so on. I haven’t started the diet yet but she often will shove junk food to me and me being a person that hate wasting food will take it.

I’m not after losing weight or anything with the diet, I love eating food.

We have planned next month to spend a few days at a friends cabin in the forest near the sea. We will only be 4 people, we are respecting the time we have now with covid-19.

So when we are planning the food my closest friend start to argument again about my choice of food. It’s not like she will eat it and I’ll be paying my food alone, I can also cook alone, so I can’t see what is wrong with it.

Shouldn’t friends help you and respect your choices, not trying to step over you and decide? She just seem to not respect my choice of diet change.

Z

Zoe1

hi Talina yes I'm getting the same thing

I was making steps to give up cake
which is what triggers me most
and a couple of close people were worried
that I might be boring company without my cake !

the plan was I would have biscuits or a plain cake
with no frosting, which is less exciting

and I thought they can see how overweight I am
why are they not encouraging my improvements !

:grouphug: 🐢🎨:flowers:💜

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
You wish sometimes people will encourgage you instead of coming with the negative sometimes 😔

I know my list of food I’m not supposed to eat is long, at least it will reset my sweet cravings because I won’t be eating anything with added suger or sweets.

It will be a bit like an antiinflammatory diet, so it will be a struggle to change everything.

I’m going to pluck my favorite berries towards the weekend. So I can have it as snacks when I crave sweets or unhealthy snacks.

Z

Zoe1

yes well we can encourage each other here
and I applaud your choice to try for better health !