Changes afoot/cuts

F

firemonkee57

Received letter from Rethink about the day services they provide in my area which includes the befriending service that provides my befriender.
It seems that the local PCT who provides funding for their services has served notice on the existing contract and that significant changes to how the service is provided are potentially in the pipeline.
Unfortunately specific details weren't given in the letter as to what was said at last Thursday's meeting to discuss the changes.(I couldn't attend as felt too anxious) but i did manage to email my befriending co ordinator and get some details.

Basically the speaker from the PCT said the PCT have given
notice to Rethink for both the Day Service- RISE and Befriending - Good
Companions. His rationale was that Government directives and funding have to
be adhered to - he said that Rethink services are too expensive. He also said that the
PCT do have funds for mental health services, but with revised directives and reduced funding.
My befriending co ordinator says that Rethink still have some uncertainty regarding the future of the service and that their
senior managers are in negotiations with the PCT.

So while tax evading bastards* are treated with kid gloves people like me all over the country are faced with the prospect of reduced services due to the cuts being forced on Public services by Cameroon and his equally anti social and immoral cronies.
The befriender is assigned to me because i am at risk of social isolation.If the worst comes to the worst and the befriending service is curtailed then i will end up being even more isolated. That will do wonders for my mental well being -NOT.

*The Prime Minister has declared it unacceptable that a blind eye be turned to benefit fraud costing the government £5.2 billion a year and yet tax fraud in the form of tax evasion costs in the estimate of HM Revenue & Customs more than £30 billion a year and in the estimate of others £70 billion a year. Why is it acceptable to him and his ministers that a blind eye be turned to this bigger issue whilst he focuses our attention on the smaller one?

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...-gap-david-and-look-at-benefit-fraud-instead/
(My emphasis)

sara

sara

Because he probably went to Eton with the idiots !!!!!!!!

Boris

Boris

Well this is the Conservatives for you, or should I say the new Con/Dem coalition government. They believe in competition in the market place and everyone supporting themselves. David Cameron when he came into power said people could no longer rely on the state for support. He is stopping people from having a life-long contract to stay in their council homes. David also mentioned setting people free. Seems to me when he said that he meant kicking the most vulnerable out onto the street with no benefit and no support, with the two-finger salute from David. This is probably something only Margaret Thatcher could have dreamed off. She is probably thinking well done bold and brave David, and to get away with it by blaming it onto Labour was an idea beyond even her!

iffybob

iffybob

I was wondering if the 'no health cut backs' included mental health.

Just show how we are not classed as 'realy ill' by the system.

(PS , I am also wondering if my 'Floating Support Worker' will be axed ........! )

P

p1ckle

one could be cynical and say that politicians have a vested interest in not tightening up on tax evasion and avoidance. you might speculate that, perhaps, some of the friends and benefactors to certain parties might not be so generous if their own affairs were to come under scrutiny. certainly prominent party members, lord ashcroft and zak goldsmith were none too happy when their former non-dom status became public knowledge. how quickly would public opinion turn against our noble leaders if , say, Newscorp Investments were to face a huge bill for net corporation tax? how many 'wealth creators' (hee hee) would be happy to share their spoils, unmitigated by the use of offshore tax havens and undiluted in complex corporate structures. 'honourable' members might not be lunching so well and so often if directors of private equity firms and other financial institutions were to suddenly find themselves paying more tax than their cleaning ladies.

you might wonder why there has been a sustained attack in the media on welfare recipients over the past few years. 'hardworking' families are appalled to learn that their blood and their sweat is keeping benefit cheats in beer and plasma tellies. for many people now, the term 'benefit claimant' is synonymous with 'scrounger' or 'fraudster'. identified in the new language, - the workless (= worthless - see what they did there?) are largely perceived as an underclass something akin to criminal. this thinking reflects the foundation myth of our deferential society that poor people are poor because they deserve to be.

if you are, hard-working, good looking, talented, thin or clever enough, then you can join the ranks of the great and the good. conversely, if you are poor it is because you are lazy, feckless, ignorant and unworthy. this prevailing attitude is reflected in the popularity of television 'talent' shows where those judged worthy are rewarded and those who are not are met with mockery and derision. why would they punish 'success'? under the lie of the new meritocracy those of us who finish last are finished.

S

smokinghorse

It is very sad but the new third reith with adolf Camroom,is here and he more than likey has dinner with the tax evaders. what l find so sad is that he had a son who was disabled. OOOOps for got he is a very very rich man so could pay for 24hr care and spend the rest of the time haveing his pics taken with his son. So touching.

sara

sara

It is very sad but the new third reith with adolf Camroom,is here and he more than likey has dinner with the tax evaders. what l find so sad is that he had a son who was disabled. OOOOps for got he is a very very rich man so could pay for 24hr care and spend the rest of the time haveing his pics taken with his son. So touching.
He also used him in his political electioneering to show how caring a father he was. Pewk!!!