• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

change how mental health patients are treated by services....Please sign the petition

8207sophie

change how mental health patients are treated by services....Please sign the petition

My friend has been through awful experiences trying to get help. The attitude from staff has been appalling, disrespectful and counterproductive. After seeking help over a year ago the services have not provided any treatment. They often blame their frequent mistakes on her and make her feel very guilty. They have turned her away from a+e when she has been at her lowest points and not given any alternative strategies to help. I know she won't be alone and that a lot of you on here will have either gone through this personally or watched someone you love go through similar experiences.

PLEASE read, sign and share her petition. It is such an important issue that affects so many people. We need to unite and speak out in order to create change, and this is a first step. Thank you for any support, it will be greatly appreciated.

The link is...

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-change-the-way-the-nhs-treats-patients-with-mental-illness

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's bad experiences.
Unfortunately, it seems this is a huge problem and it's common for people to not get the help they need.
I have signed the petition. x

8207sophie

Thankyou for your support, yes its such an enormous problem and nothing seems to be getting done to help it.

x

Darkred

Darkred

Not going to go into what I think on this as it would go on forever.

Signed.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thankyou for your support, yes its such an enormous problem and nothing seems to be getting done to help it.

x
i think genuine awareness & understanding of mental health, & having a genuinely humane mental health system/treatment - is the last great unacknowledged civil rights issue.

M

mind_the_cones

I remember back in the day before I suffered mental health issues, I used to laugh and joke about how people could possibly become depressed... Even doubting one of my friends who said he had depression, and mocked it with another friend.

Needless to say, I feel very stupid now :(

I have been fortunate that my friends and family recognise my issues and given me so much love and support. But I realise not everyone gets the help and support that they need. If anyone here needs some help, a shoulder to cry on, or any support at all, please feel free to talk to me at any time :)

C

Cazzy_1

My friend has been through awful experiences trying to get help. The attitude from staff has been appalling, disrespectful and counterproductive. After seeking help over a year ago the services have not provided any treatment. They often blame their frequent mistakes on her and make her feel very guilty. They have turned her away from a+e when she has been at her lowest points and not given any alternative strategies to help. I know she won't be alone and that a lot of you on here will have either gone through this personally or watched someone you love go through similar experiences.

PLEASE read, sign and share her petition. It is such an important issue that affects so many people. We need to unite and speak out in order to create change, and this is a first step. Thank you for any support, it will be greatly appreciated.

The link is...

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-change-the-way-the-nhs-treats-patients-with-mental-illness
I filled this in but personally we shouldn't have to pay for a petition imo

C

Cazzy_1

I remember back in the day before I suffered mental health issues, I used to laugh and joke about how people could possibly become depressed... Even doubting one of my friends who said he had depression, and mocked it with another friend.

Needless to say, I feel very stupid now :(

I have been fortunate that my friends and family recognise my issues and given me so much love and support. But I realise not everyone gets the help and support that they need. If anyone here needs some help, a shoulder to cry on, or any support at all, please feel free to talk to me at any time :)
Ok here goes. The mental health discriminate against me, they get support from the police who threw me in a cell for breach of the peace and I didn't even speak and striped me naked and threw me on the floor and watched on a cell camera, they got 4 professionals from the mental health to section me and one being my former psychiatrist and I didn't have a psychiatrist at the time as they can't work with me because I speak my mind to them. They victimised me. Previous admissions they bruised my arm whilst pinning me down with two men which is inappropriate to stick in a needle in the posterior and used excessive force. This is assault. They mentally abuse you by saying I am mentally ill when I am highly functioning, capable and able lady and you would never know I was what they claim I am. They are disgraceful, despicable people with no moral or scruples. They think it is allowed to treat us like muck, who do they think they are? Do they think they are better than us? Which is delusional and grandiose! Well I'm glad I got some of this off my chest. I'm furious with them.

8207sophie

Hi Cazzy, firstly thank you for signing :) It sounds like you have horrible experiences with services.

You should not have had to pay anything for this petition. It might have asked to register but that is all. I did not realise it even gave that as an option so sorry if it did.

x

B

BAGGPUSS

If i fill this in could my NHS Pdoc find out?

If not I will do it now.

8207sophie

If i fill this in could my NHS Pdoc find out?

If not I will do it now.
Hi Baggpuss, there is an option for your name to show on the petition so just make sure that isn't ticked if you are worried about others knowing.

Also I wouldn't leave a comment as that brings up your name (not sure if it does if you didn't tick the box but best to be careful if you want to remain anonymous).

Thank you if you sign it :) x

B

BAGGPUSS

Hi Baggpuss, there is an option for your name to show on the petition so just make sure that isn't ticked if you are worried about others knowing.

Also I wouldn't leave a comment as that brings up your name (not sure if it does if you didn't tick the box but best to be careful if you want to remain anonymous).

Thank you if you sign it :) x
I just signed it.... thanks