• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Challenges - Recovery continuing

N

natalie

HI all,

With arrangements and confirmation verified very quickly earlier this week, I am all set now for my volunteering challenge thsi time round; data inputting transferring certain types of magazine based information onto database system.

Aside of this 2 days a week, I do intend to maintain and resume my keeping fit daily, regularly, to help me feel fitter, and more toned up.

There is no long term commitment required,for the volunteering however, I shall be prepared to give it, so to speak, my all, and see right through to more or less completion of the work. I might suggest to the charity, if they get this work in again, I'd be happy to repeat the exercise, in principal, depending how I manage with this type of work this time round.

I won't be away from the forums, I am based at home on Mondays, Wednesdays and the then the later on in the week, and weekends. To post and offer my support.

I am looking forward to the work and with the challenge combining working out too.

Natalie.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

That sounds really positive Natalie.
I hope that things go well for you and you find the volunteering to be enjoyable. :)

N

natalie

Thanks,

I have always been a positive character myself, except that often, I go through quiet spells of volunteering in my main charity base set up, and looking for a different role, one I enjoy, via an organisation's website, I came upon by chance this particular vacancy and thought right, I'll aim and apply in.

I do enjoy data entre work, much much better than mailings. However, I'm taking a break from my usual main charity base, for voluntary work purposes, whilst I happily sift through this one.

Thanks again,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

I just wished to have let you all know, that I might not be on here as much as, due to the fact, after once I start to learn to master my volunteering commencing on Tuesdays, and Thursdays, from next week coming, I shall be busily revising throughout the week, the information I need to learn to put information under which catergory, so this is going take some doing, though I'll eventually in the short term will get knowing the catagories of by heart, seeing though this is in the early days of the project.

Once and when I become familar with the categories, and information required for these, then, at that point, I'll possibly will consider logging onto here frequently, only i might not be able to a bit before then.

I have just done a low impact dance workout, and either on Monday or Tuesday, I'll throw in some strengthening - toning work, preparing for the volunteering to follow - for on Tuesday and Thursday.

Take care all,

I might just have a read, of posts, so that I am not missing out on anything, but I might not be able to get my head roiund - posting from me, so this might take a short while.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

Well, in actual fact, and I have just commenced the volunteering now, it is a much simler project on excel, typing english onto excel, no sums working out, anything like that, so I am happy. Bascially, there are fewer columns, and the most important I need to look out for - for record purposes, are article authors names. We are doing this for a special occasion reason. Only it's estimaited it might take 2 or 3 months, or it might take slightly less than.

Really, looking forward to the next stint, next Thursday. I'm only there once a week, now.

Take care all,

Oh before I forget, I have a slight health condition up at the moment, genetically, so I am unable to do any form of working out.

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

I'm very much better in terms of my genetic health condition, that came up from late last week and into this one, which has been still lurking, is eventually now healing up.

Therefore, come either tomorrow, or Saturday, gradually buildiing up, I'll get my low impact dance workouts daily done, combined with toning in one session.

I have a volunteering stint, Wednesday, in the North West of London, then back to my newly revised charity in the North West of London area, on Thursday.

Take care all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all

I have some further volunteering news....

I have a data entry role project number 2 come up, I had been hunted, happily, and I start next Monday, from 10am, with a break sometimes for lunch, at 12, and then completing the days work, at 3.30pm.

So I'll be busy as a bee, with this one 3 days, and my other one one day a week, also data entry, still continuing on, via in Childs Hill area of London, this ohter one is in Hendon.

All being well, and I should be able to be up and about earlier, I'll get a morning workout done on a daily, regular basis.

Take care all

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

With eventually the evenings to be lighter longer - one hopes, around March/April/May time, and together with also if I can get clearence, from my father, what I plan is, and if I am still with 2nd organisation for 3 days a week, and I'll be away on holiday soon, with parents, I should like to combine the volunteering, for once a week, with a dance class, in my charity community centre, that's from 6.45pm. Father would then collect me anyway, at 7.45pm. So on that day of the week, I would plan for attendance of this class, I won't workout in that early morning.

I start the project off next Monday, and I am really looking forward to it, much better than my oriignal project number 1, which has already commenced.

Take care all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

I have 2 projects on me now, volunteering wise. I start the 2nd on Monday for 3 days a week.

It's been drawn to my attention, that a particular class of interest to me, in my main charitible community centre, may not be held for much longer due to lack of numbers, however, now that I am in the mode of working out again, or soon to be, at the weekend, and I hadn't been working out this week, due to the colder temperatures, I do plan to resume zumba class attendance for Wednesday mornings, at 9.30am I just need to check at home, when I can start going. ALso I'll keep a close eye as usual, on the weather, I use public transport and walking methods. If it's snowy and ice, then, I certainly won't be able to attend this side of my holiday.

I know, I made that awful mistake, of trialing, zumba, and I hadn't worked out for a couple of weeks beforehand, all being well though, however, I am willing to give that timed class zumba, another try.
i'LL see if I can attend on the 18th, of Feburary for 9.30am. Which means an early start i know, but then, I am happily used to early starts in time for volunteering work, inmy main charitible community centre offices.

I am very well, and stablised, my hands haven't shaken form a point of time, once! So I'm pleased about that. My legs haven't shook, either on the very odd remote occasion.

Still happily on 25ml of medication and I always do enjoy being on this dose level.

Take care all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I'm afraid I have been to have been turned away from my first project. However, this is all for the better.

I still have my 3 day a week project starting Monday!!

Take care all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

I have deicded, and as long as I can get permission/clearence, to attend, that on Wednesday this week, for 9.30am, to 10.30am, I'll attend zumba. I'm feeling back into the mode of working out now in at home, now that is milder becoming, so my body would have then been accustomed to working out, by the time I'll attend zumba. 9.30am in any event, is a much better time of day for me, than at 6.45pm!

I'll go into volunteering afterwards.

Take care all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I had commenced my first day, on my one and only short - term data entry project work. Having started it off cold, and it's slightly complicated, than my other work, in the past, for my other charity, in which I did data entry, starting the work off cold, I had somewhat of a job, trying to learn my way round, the database system. Then, and whilst I was on a lunch break, automatically as I suspected, I went into revision mode, and I then improved slightly, after my return back to the office. I should be albe to complete the work in a few weeks time.

Couldn't workout today, I woke up a bit too late for that. Shall try again, to work out earlier in the morning, tomorrow.

Plus, I was slightly nervous in that, I didn't know exactly what the information I had to enter would comprise of.

Take care all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

I have now finsihed the volunteering project, which only took a couple of weeks to complete.

I'll have more time in between me looking for other voluntary work opportunites, to get my working out done.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I have some volunteering work on Thursday. I'm going to be based not too far from my main charitible base set up, at another one much further beyond in the North West of London, and I'll be volunteering for a couple of hours. I'm looking forward to it. It will be computer based work. And producing mailing lables.

Tomorrow, I have thought, I'll go if if's actually on, to my local location of zumba gold, near me, and it's only a 10 minute walk away, so not too far really.

I felt not to travel to the other zumba class tomorrow, I didn't wish to be too overloaded.

Take care all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

For a number of reasons, I couldn't attend a zumba class, as it was half term week, soI coldn't attend.

I postponed a volunteering duty for today, because I sensed and I realised, it was impossible, right on top of my holiday - when a new successor co-ordinator has been appointed, I'll hear from them, in due course.

Otherwise, I'm away with parents off on holiday - starting this Thursday, travelling on Friday, - it will be a long flight - of 9 and a half hours. Apart from tired through my problems and on less sedative medication, I'll be overall feeling very shattered, from the air travel side of things. We'll be in an local Airport hotel for an overnight, before transferring/travelling to our first proper location.

I shall be loggin on in the hope to post, and offer support, but off course, there might be time limits, and it depends how busier the hotel business computer room centres can be. So I have to and need to take both into account. Plus also, the time difference.

Take care all,

Natalie.