• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

celebrities with mental health issues ?

jajingna

jajingna

I guess nearly everybody, knows somebody affected by mental illness. I believe these issues are very common. There's so many of them. Look up depression or OCD or another psychiatric issue, and how many results do you get on Google? Millions of course, and that's just in English, just on that search engine. But we treat them like a big secret. We're so ashamed, even our families might be unaware of our issues.

AlexaCurtis

AlexaCurtis

Recently I read somewhere that these famous celebrities too have mental health issues. And they have recovered after consulting with expert and following the routine treatment.

Demi Lovato has been very open about her experience with bipolar disorder, addiction, self-injury, an eating disorder and more.

Singer Lady Gaga has written about living with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

jajingna

jajingna

It's good they are doing better. Seems like celebs being public about things that most of us conceal, and therefore don't talk about, should be a hint to how common these things are. Of course, a big star like Lady Gaga won't lose her job if the boss finds out. And her fans will say, kudos to her, how brave she is. Not bad for her image, really. I don't mean this cynically, but for most of us we need to be much more careful about revealing things. When you sign up on this website you are told to use a nickname. Not your real name.

Z

Zoe1

yes I used to dress in a much more whacky way actually
now I think its more subtle,
but I think on the inside my disability is part of my self image
inside and outside
feeling proud of the battles we have fought

oh yes I forgot to mention Billie Eilish
I think she has struggled too