• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cbt therapy

E

eternity

hi
i've been referred for cbt therapy and was wondering if anyone else has any experience of it and how they found it. i suppose i want to know how hard it is to learn and whether it does any good.
thanks
eternity(y)

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hello Eternity,
I had CBT for several years and it did me a world of good. I dare say I wouldn't still be here had it not been for this therapy (and that's a good thing!).
I had so many misconceptions about myself and how I interacted with the world.
It was hard in the beginning, but then I "got it'.
I recommend it highly.
:flowers:

E

eternity

cbt

thanks for that ms p.
i have looked online for info on it but i wanted the opinion of someone that has used it. i'm hoping it will work for me too.
eternity :)

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had CBT for depression.I found it difficult at times,but overall a positive thing.
I've also had therapy for anxiety which was a lot like CBT.

keepsafe

keepsafe

I'm currently having my second lots of c.b.t - its difficult but I think it will be worth it.

E

eternity

thank you olanza and keepsafe
your comments have reinforced the positive impression i got from info on line. i hope it can be as beneficial to me as it has been for you. just have to try and retain and recall what i will learn (that has been a problem lately:LOL:)
eternity(y)

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
R

RecoveringJ

Hi im currently having CBT, and have been doing it now for several weeks.
Ive found it very useful for anxiety/depression/ mixed thought process.

Its kind of easy to learn but you have to make sure you keep up with the exercises. One of the main things behind CBT is that if you make an issue of a thought in your mind then it becomes a problem..if you learn to accept your thoughts then it no longer becomes such an issue...and then you work from there.

One way to accept your thoughts is: When your having a bad thought ..praise your mind for having that thought ..not in a sarchastic way but really do praise it..

ill be putting up useful info this week that is basiclly cbt so check out my threads : )

E

eternity

thanks for that recoveringj. i have got a couple of books on cbt but not had chance to really look at them yet. found the article you posted interesting and can see the logic in it. i want to gather as much information as i can so i can understand what is happening to me and discover the ways and means to hopefully enable me to overcome it quicker.

eternity(y)