• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

CBD Oil. Need an honest opinion...

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I’ve been reading and watching reviews about CBD oil. Most videos and articles has tons of reviews and comments. Each review and comment, almost, has a link for a company. It looks like an advertisement campaign to promote this stuff. On the other had, whoever posts anything against CBD oil or simply stating their own opinion and experience of it not working get attacked or ridiculed or told “ oh, you are not taking this brand or that”.

One guy even posted a video of himself using it for the first time and he was depressed because he lost a child. After an hour he was joking and up and ready to go out and get to business. I was like you gotta be kidding me.

Has anyone tried CBD oil? How did you find to be? Is it really working???

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Hopeful. Like your screen name. I tried CBD oil for chronic pain. I even doubled the dose recommended. No affect on the pain what so ever and it gave me a nasty head buzz. I don't know what it does for depression.

Full spectrum cannabis oil is said to be able to shrink cancer tumors. But the science hasn't been done and it's impossible to find out the dosage and rate. It's like an experiment with your cancer to try the stuff and then if it doesn't work, it's too late to go the surgical route.

It's definitely useful with kids/adults who have seizures.

H

holisticstudent

I don't like traditional marijuana, but CBD really does soothe my anxiety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Poopy Doll and thanks for replying.
I am sure it’s good for something but not for everything as these advertisers are preaching.
I am usually suspicious of anything that has a big hype. Marketing is manipulative and they know which strings to play. I think with the legalization of weed, everyone is jumping on board.
For me, I am not allowed to use weed or anything extracted from it. It’s prohibited by my faith(religion) but I am willing to try it if it’s going to really help with my anxiety and depression.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I don't like traditional marijuana, but CBD really does soothe my anxiety.
Thanks for your reply. I have some questions for ya hopefully you can answer.

On a serious note, how long did you use it for? What is the dosage that works for you? Can you think of any side effects that you witnessed?

Thanks again and I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

CBD is a lot of hype with very little evidence. The strongest evidence of CBD's medical benefits is for treating epilepsy. I know I must sound like a broken record by now, the plural of Anecdote is not Evidence.

As you suggest in your initial post, it's the marketing of the drug that has made it seem like it's helping so many. Consider that @Poopy Doll 's anecdote gets zero support from marketing when you evaluate whether CBD is likely to be an effective treatment for anxiety in more people than not. Definitely read about the potential problems with CBD as well as hopeful the health claims.

I'm obviously skeptical but that doesn't mean I have no hope that there is medical use for Cannabidiol. I'm just concerned that we who are struggling with anxiety may be paying a lot of money for what amounts to a placebo.

MidnightBlue

MidnightBlue

I have just taken the cbd from endoca' I rate it.

endoca organic

cbdbrothers organic
<3

H

holisticstudent

Thanks for your reply. I have some questions for ya hopefully you can answer.

On a serious note, how long did you use it for? What is the dosage that works for you? Can you think of any side effects that you witnessed?

Thanks again and I appreciate it.
Well I am unsure of my exact dosage. No side effects. I took a few hits from a pen and cartridge that I was able to obtain from a natural remedies shop. Literally just more calm vibes and an easier way to get to sleep. No "high" feeling.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

CBD is a lot of hype with very little evidence. The strongest evidence of CBD's medical benefits is for treating epilepsy. I know I must sound like a broken record by now, the plural of Anecdote is not Evidence.

As you suggest in your initial post, it's the marketing of the drug that has made it seem like it's helping so many. Consider that @Poopy Doll 's anecdote gets zero support from marketing when you evaluate whether CBD is likely to be an effective treatment for anxiety in more people than not. Definitely read about the potential problems with CBD as well as hopeful the health claims.

I'm obviously skeptical but that doesn't mean I have no hope that there is medical use for Cannabidiol. I'm just concerned that we who are struggling with anxiety may be paying a lot of money for what amounts to a placebo.
I agree with you 100% and great reply.
It’s not about the financial cost more than taking advantage of desperate people and living off of their emotions and disadvantages.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Well I am unsure of my exact dosage. No side effects. I took a few hits from a pen and cartridge that I was able to obtain from a natural remedies shop. Literally just more calm vibes and an easier way to get to sleep. No "high" feeling.
I am happy that it’s helping you. I appreciate your reply.

A

Alladyn1919

I’ve been reading and watching reviews about CBD oil. Most videos and articles has tons of reviews and comments. Each review and comment, almost, has a link for a company. It looks like an advertisement campaign to promote this stuff. On the other had, whoever posts anything against CBD oil or simply stating their own opinion and experience of it not working get attacked or ridiculed or told “ oh, you are not taking this brand or that”.

One guy even posted a video of himself using it for the first time and he was depressed because he lost a child. After an hour he was joking and up and ready to go out and get to business. I was like you gotta be kidding me.

Has anyone tried CBD oil? How did you find to be? Is it really working???
I tried cbd oil for my major, serious depression.I think you can find my post where I answered to one member in detail about it.Here briefly., it was definitely effective, I have no doubt about it, but not effective enough.Kind of evidently effective but nothing great.For me it had some side effects.Sweating, eye sensitivity to light, some insomnia (I forgot to mention that in my other post), irritability (not sure if from oil or from not enough effect) at a dose of about 2x5 drops of 4% concentration.In fact rather could't take more because of those side effects, though as I noticed the more you take the more effective it is.So overall nothing great for me and it was expensive so it made no much sense for me to continue.But I'm sure it was working.
I tried just several brands, for me the most effective brand was cibdol Switzerland.Seem to be some difference what brand is used for depression, but I don't know if it is much of a difference.

Alladyn1919